Honeywell Sr. HSE Engineer in Urbana, Ohio
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
J oin an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with a continuous improvement environment. You will be a member of the HSE team at the Urbana site, providing leadership and technical support to the facility. You will report directly to the HSE Manager. You will drive key activities and HSE performance metrics and work within robust operating and management systems; reducing risk and strengthening systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and Honeywell requirements. You will partner with business leaders and employees to continuously improve HSE culture, awareness and accountability in support of business objectives. You will be a key HSE resource for the site, supporting sustainable health, safety and environmental programs through incorporation of impactful operating processes and keeping in front of leading practices in health, safety and environmental standards.
· Develop, implement and sustain environmental programs for the Urbana site
· Liaison with regulatory agencies and external stakeholders
· Integrate HSE processes and safe work practices into daily operations
· Lead HSE initiatives as an integrated business partner to support achievement of site goals and ensure zero harm to everyone
· Drive Excellence in HSE through leadership engagement, employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, and HSE training
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Sciences, or related Science discipline
· Must be a US Citizen
· 5+ years of HSE program experience
· Manufacturing HSE program experience
· Familiarity with design and construction safety practices
· Familiarity with Environmental remediation practices
· Experience with Hazardous Waste, Air Permitting, Stormwater programs
· Professional certification
· Graduate degree
· Leadership mindset
· Business acumen
· Technical skills and knowledge directly applicable to role
· Passionate about achieving Excellence in HSE
· Strong communication skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs