Robert Half International Dispatcher in UNIVERSITY PARK, Illinois
Description • HVAC is a plus! Dispatcher
3 days during the week day 4:30 PM to 12:00 AM
every Saturday & Sunday from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
off two days during the week
• Receive orders for shipment, or pick from customers or senior managers
• Make necessary arrangement for the appropriate driver and vehicle to be employed for each run
• Keep track of the movement and progress of each driver and vehicle
• Receive complain about driver, vehicle, and goods in transit
• Receive report about vehicle or freight damage, accident and emergency situations
• Ensure that damaged vehicles are repaired and restored to working state
• Ensure that damaged freight replaced for customers when need be
• Relay reports and work orders to the supervisor
• Chart routes to be taken by drivers and ensure compliance to the predetermined routes
• Modify predetermined routes when the need arises
• Ensure timely dispatch of freights
• Negotiate rates with customers
• Inspect inbound freight to ensure compliance in quality and quantity of goods received with the description on the bill of laden
• Take inventory to ascertain the stock of goods remaining
• Answer customers’ queries regarding the availability of trucks and the cost of haulage
• Prioritize haulage according to urgency and nature of commodity
• Arrange for emergency pickup and delivery of orders
• Maintain a friendly relationship with customers to ensure continuous patronage
• Maintain a friendly relationship with drivers to ensure steady compliance whenever they are called for work even in emergency situations
• Maintain a dispatch log to record all details of pickup and delivery orders – customers’ orders, drivers’ information, haulage charge, expenses incurred in hauling each freight, and inventory
• Plan pickup and delivery of orders in such a way as to minimize cost. Two or more orders can be attended to with one vehicle if they all involve plying same route and can be handled by one vehicle
• Determine the best shipping method for each kind of good. Requirements Dispatching, Customer Service, Import Customer Service, Resolve Customer Service
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs