UNUM Recruiting Consultant/W2 - Colonial Life - Northern New Jersey/Long Island/New York Metro in Union, New Jersey
Job Posting End Date: June 19
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, - and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Territory sales offices are located in Union, NJ and Garden City, NY. Will consider candidates located in either of those areas or throughout the New York Metro area. MUST be willing to travel! This is a W2 position.
This newly created role will be responsible for leading and coordinating management level recruiting as well as assisting our sales management teams in the recruitment process at the rep and manager level. This would include sourcing, attraction, and selection for all 1099 contract sales roles (30% of time spent doing this); as well as delivering training to Colonial Life sales managers on the overall recruiting and contracting process (70% of time). This person will work in partnership with a centralized sourcing team and Territory Sales Managers in a defined geographic area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, manage and maintain pipeline of candidates for all of Colonial Life’s 1099 roles by
• Managing leads in partnership with home office sourcing team
• Personally source candidates for local teams
• Providing lead management and training support for each District Manager (DGA) and Agency Development Manager (ADM) within the territories
• Assist managers with the interview and selection processes as appropriate, focusing on training and development.
• Implement a recruiting strategy within each territory that utilizes all of the different tools available (nominator calls, personal referrals, job boards, networking events, career fairs, etc.).
• Conduct and support career attraction events, share best practices and attraction event planning processes and guidelines.
• Create a manager recruiting strategy in partnership with each of your Territory Sales Managers to source, attract and recruit quality leaders for District General Agency and Assistant District Manager roles.
• Proactively execute the manager recruiting strategy with each TSM, focusing on generating your own leads through personal sourcing and networking to supplement internet leads that will also be provided.
• Conduct phone screening and initial interviews, as appropriate.
• Work with candidates on licensing and contracting as needed.
• Facilitate recruiting training sessions with managers to include Colonial Life College curriculum; as well as, conducting joint recruiting activities (interviews, appointment setting, nominator calls, etc.)
• Providing additional recruiting training to managers within the territory.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Recruiting and/or sales experience
Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
Working knowledge and comfort with the use of computer websites, tracking spreadsheets, Applicant Tracking Systems (particularly Avature) and online contracting software
Experience in insurance industry and with sourcing 1099/contractors preferred
Belief in the 1099 opportunity and ability to attract leadership candidates from inside and outside of the insurance industry
Self-starter needing little direction with exceptional time management skills
Effective and results-oriented training and coaching experience with hiring managers or 1099 partners both in the classroom and in the field with candidates.
Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Travel requirements up to 60%
Maintain a positive corporate image and professionalism while representing Colonial Life both in the home office and in the field
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
- UNUM Jobs