Oerlikon Metco (US), Inc. Press Operator III (Stamping) in Union City, Ohio
Press Operator III (Stamping) We are looking for a Press Operator III (Stamping) for our Dayton, OH facility. In this role you will be responsible for all pieces produced, with an emphasis on quality and efficiency. Great communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with other production personnel are required. Attendance within company guidelines, punctuality, self-motivation, and the ability to work well under pressure are necessary. Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and ask questions if necessary to prevent misunderstanding. We offer: Aside from a dynamic global culture and leading market position, we are proud to offer our employees development opportunities, competitive salary and a robust benefit program ALL available on first day of employment! The perks and benefits of working at Oerlikon include the following:
- Comprehensive medical and prescription drug plan with low premiums, company sponsored HSA contributions and without cumbersome waiting periods to keep you going strong.
- Excellent Dental and Vision coverage.
- Employee Assistance, Financial and Wellness programs to help improve all aspects of your life journey.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with significant company match and financial planning and education options to help you achieve your retirement goals
- Tuition reimbursement and internal education resources to satisfy your love of learning so you can continue to grow with us!
- Generous paid time off to support your physical and mental wellbeing.
- 12 paid company holidays to occasionally extend your weekends or time off.
- Flexible hours or remote work environment available for certain positions
- 100% company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus program because why not to bring your friends to work everyday!
- Performs typical machine operation duties to include some machine troubleshooting, quality checks, and finished product labeling in a fast-paced environment.
``` - Performs typical press operations to support the assembly floor. - Responsible to ensure all quality standards are met on all pieces produced. - Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor/lead, and/or quality. - Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. - Must be able to use mikcs/calipers and any other gages as needed. - Clocks in and out per shift requirements and lunch scheduling. - Maintains attendance within company guidelines, starts work on time, works assigned schedule to include overtime. - Communicates clearly with all co-workers and supervision. - Must be able to work as part of a team. - Must satisfy all quality standards and quality processes. - Must conform to current health, environmental, and safety standards. - Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
Commits to the corporate core values, goals, mission and vision.
High School graduate or GED or equivalent experience.
Able to do prolong standing 9+ hours or more.
The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Good dexterity, attention to fine details, and depth perception to enable detail hand coordination.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or