Republic Services Ops Supervisor ES in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Supervisor provides direct supervision for a specific work shift of all waste handling activities - including the sampling, analysis processing, documentation and disposition - which are received at or shipped from the facility. The Operations Supervisor ensures plant and personnel safety by enforcing safety procedures and providing training as required by plant management. Participates in the selection, development, and evaluation of team members to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the activities of operations personnel.
• Supervises inventory compliance and the maintenance of supplies.
• Coordinates with vendors, transporters, and treatment facilities.
• Provides for housekeeping of all waste handling/processing areas of the plant and ensures the proper storage and handling of process chemicals.
• Directs off-loading operations for receipt of materials into the facility's storage and waste processing systems.
• Ensures the safe, effective treatment of wastes by providing: collection and analysis of waste samples from inbound trucks, and the treatment simulation of truck samples.
• Makes decisions consistent with waste profile data and facility operating permits.
• Determines batch clearance approvals for filtering of effluent.
• Collects post-treatment samples wastes to determine suitability for ultimate disposition of bulk quantities of treated waste.
• Notifies appropriate facility personnel of any maintenance requirements for plant and transportation equipment.
• Reviews and signs RCRA manifests.
• Ensures that all personnel abide by all safety rules and procedures.
• Trains facility personnel relating to processing procedures.
• Participates directly in emergency response operations relating to activities conducted at the facility's site and transportation activities, both on and off-site, which involve the facility's equipment and personnel.
• Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties may not be specifically listed in this description, but which are within the general nature typically associated with the employee’s level of work.
Directly supervises 2 or more employees and contractors as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES (SKA)
Knowledge of personnel management, operations, equipment, waste processing and recycling techniques. Knowledge of receiving, purchasing, work orders, special licenses, and DOT training. Demonstrates, accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize, stay focused and handle multiple, diverse responsibilities.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• Retirement plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
EEO STATEMENT:Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Republic Services Jobs