Wellpath Physician Assistant/Nurse Practiononer in Trion, Georgia
$98,280 - $120,120 / year
• Make a difference every day in the lives of the underserved
• Join a mission driven organization with a people first culture
• Excellent career growth opportunities
Join us and find a career that supports:
• Caring for overlooked, underserved, and vulnerable patients
• Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
• Autonomy in a warm team environment
• Growth and training
Perks and Benefits
In addition to comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401k, we foster a work, life balance for team members and their family to support physical, mental, and financial wellbeing including:
• DailyPay, receive your money as you earn it!
• Tuition Assistance and dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including free counseling and health coaching
• Company paid life insurance
• Tax free Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
• Wellness program featuring fitness memberships and product discounts
• Preferred banking partnership and discounted rates for home and auto loans
Now is your moment to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
If there is one unifying characteristic of everyone on our team, it is the deep desire to make a difference by helping society's most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Every day we have the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those whose calling it is to serve others, now is your moment to join our mission to provide quality care to every patient with compassion, collaboration, and innovation, to live our mantra to “Always Do The Right Thing!”, and to collectively do our part to heal the world, one patient at a time.
How you make a difference
The Physician Assistant is responsible for assisting the Physician in providing medical care and treatment to the inmate population, including those with behavioral health disorders, under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator, Program Manager, or higher medical professional. They will coordinate patient care plans through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. The PA will work collaboratively with the healthcare team to provide quality care to the inmate population.
• Rapidly respond and provide care in compliance with protocols and procedures.
• Evaluate and treat patients for acute care and emergency medicine complaints following standard practice, procedures, and protocols.
• Consult with physician about conditions outside of protocol parameters and identify patients who require offsite transfer.
• Document all findings using the S.O.A.P. method in the telehealth platform and EMR while maintaining confidentiality.
• Participate in Quality Management and Peer Review activities, attend administrative meetings, and provide cross-coverage and clinical support for other services as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Completion of a master’s program in nursing (NPs) or an accredited education program for PAs
Previous correctional/detention facility experience
Minimum two (2) years’ experience
Unrestricted current license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and PALS (where applicable) certification through AHA
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We encourage you to apply! If you are excited about a role but your experience doesn’t seem to align perfectly with every element of the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this, or one of our many other roles.
Quick Apply (https://careers-wellpath.icims.com/jobs/141043/physician-assistant/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336175207)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Facility GA DOC Hays SP
Shift Day 8 hour
- Wellpath Jobs