Charles River Laboratories Principal Enterprise Architect in Tranent, United Kingdom
Principal Enterprise Architect
Req ID #: 99152
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Spencerville, OH, US, 45887 Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 US Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XL
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The CRL organization is looking for an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented leader to join our Architecture team within IT. In this role, the Principle Enterprise Architect will be responsible for collaborating with technology and business stakeholders to create a technical architecture vision and strategy within the corporate domain that enables business strategy. He/she will partner with the business and IT leaders to ensure the architecture roadmaps continually align with business objectives. Working closely with other IT service areas, this role will offer experience solutions that are efficient, high quality and at the best possible cost. Through excellence in delivery, they will help to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Creation of solutions and recommendations that account for all key technical aspects such as software development, hardware and networking components.
• Provide technical thought leadership for scientific applications.
• Ensure adherence to CRL standards and compliance with regulatory bodies are maintained (FDA, ISO, PCI, SOX, HIPPA, US, EU).
• Conduct audit/review of the implementation of a solution to ensure proper end to end alignment.
• Respond to critical production issues as needed and provides technology leadership and troubleshooting.
• Analyses and architect software, infrastructure or data solutions for large-scale business applications and corporate solutions.
• Lead conceptual / planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with other development, information security and IT teams.
• Contribute to building a high-performance cross-functional team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack and ensures building of reusable & scalable components.
• Looks for better ways of solving technical problems and designing solutions, not afraid to offer alternative points of view that support business outcomes.
• Identify the best solutions to solve stated business problems and deliver solution options that satisfy business requirements; Including identification, analysis, selection and high-level design.
• Thought partners with the Product owner(s) in story creation, acceptance criteria and communicate trade-offs effectively with Designers/Developers.
• Create solution blueprints by consulting with the Product owner and key IT Stakeholders.
• Drive vendor selection by working with procurement and project team; Run proof of concepts as necessary.
• Participate in resolving cross-functional and cross-system design issues.
• Assist in creating architecture standards, related processes and templates
• Stay current on latest technology advances
• Participate in continuous improvement of the Architecture practice
• Adhere to pertinent regulatory requirements and to company policies, practices and procedures.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
Experience: 12+ years working as a Solution Architect in a highly-regulated environment
Solid understanding and demonstrated ability for the following:
• Significant experience with cloud technologies including CI/CD, serverless and building cloud-native architectures, specifically Azure and/or AWS
• Strong good understanding of the architectural principals of cloud-based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
• Experience with modern data and analytical platform architectures and use of AI and Machine Learning
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience evaluating business requirements and designing complete technical or business solutions in complex environments
• Experience in documenting and developing enterprise architecture for portfolio and project views, including current state architecture, future state architecture; dependencies between applications, solutions, technology capabilities, business capabilities etc.
• Understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL, and event driven architecture environments like Kafka and message queuing. Should also have a firm understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration, analytics and master data management.
• A good understanding of the security processes and standards
• Knowledge and experience developing inventories of business capabilities, business process, use cases, platforms, technical capabilities and assembling those into meaningful and understandable models
• Knowledge and experience in the design and delivery of enterprise architecture outputs and artifacts including EA assessments and application architecture resource models
• Designed and documented conceptual, logical and physical hardware, software and application architecture for enterprise applications.
• Highly detail oriented and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Effectively communicate and make technical information consumable to large, multi-national audiences
• Have proven emotional intelligence (EQ) and relationship building skills
• Be able to conceptualize and develop impartial alternative solution approaches, articulating the benefits and tradeoffs of each
• Expert within the technical domain who can make architecture decision at the team and product level
• Agile development experience
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs