Pelican Products Sr SAP BW/BI Specialist in Torrance, California
Salary Range [ $125,000 - $165,000 ]
The Senior SAP Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist designs, developments, and maintains the corporate SAP Business Intelligence Systems. Creates BI solutions to help manage the business. Drives process improvements across the BI landscape. Perform root cause analysis to identify application/process defects and provide solutions to prevent recurrence. Provides guidance and recommendations on new BI solutions and upgrades.
· Leads initiatives to design and build reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end-user information portals or resources.
· Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements by designing, building, and documenting data models, reports, and components.
· Plans, manages and controls the activities of an internal and external BI team that provides technology-based data reporting tools and management for business segments or the company at large by assigning work, mentoring resources, and performing yearly performance reviews for junior level roles.
· Lead design sessions to build and documents BI data models, ETL and other data flow components; create functional and technical specifications for new development.
· Build reports using Bex query designer using features such as restricted/calculated key figures, currency conversions, complex queries using Cells feature/2 structures.
· Building complex, formatted, multipage reports using Web Intelligence.
· Managing schedules and publications based on Webi reports.
· Provide production support and troubleshoot issues as needed. Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, assigns and/or resolves business and technical issues.
· Create/modify authorizations and roles. Set up new users with necessary permissions.
· Participate in new product reviews, tests, and pilots. Test changes to ensure system functionality
· Prepare status reports and maintain effective communication with management
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Merchandising, Computer Science, or related field
· Eight (8) years of Business Intelligence experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) with focus on non-HANA databases
· In-depth knowledge of SAP Business Warehouse / Business Intelligence suite including SAP BW, SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, and SAP Analytics Cloud.
· Experienced in using ABAP for sourcing and data transformations needs, including building custom data sources in SAP, start/end, expert routines, custom decision-making routines in process chains and utility programs.
· Experience working with NetWeaver portal.
· Ability to build complex data models and build data pipelines for data sourced from various systems.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Merchandising, Computer Science or related field.
· Ten (10) years of Business Intelligence experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) with focus on non-HANA databases.
· Experience with multiple full-lifecycle implementations
· Experience in SAP HANA
· Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
· Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
· Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
· Must be flexible regarding working hours.
· Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Emphasizes ethical decision-making to protect Pelican’s brand and reputation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The approximate base compensation range is shown above. The actual offer may vary based on skills, experience and location.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.