Honeywell Lead Mechanical Design Engineer in Torrance, California
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Applied Engineering Continuous Improvement drives cultural change of launch on time with zero PPM. The team is responsible for supporting initiatives that enhance process execution as well as executing the DMAIC approach to resolve repeat factory escapes. Applied Engineering will be driving culture change in problem resolution by systematically using DMAIC approach to eliminate defects.
AE Black Belt Senior Engineer will provide Six Sigma, DMAIC, DFSS, and critical thinking in support of the AE organization.
This position is accountable for a variety of engineering responsibilities. Uses knowledge of engineering discipline, processes and tools to complete and ensure compliance of various project subtasks. Interacts with internal and external customers to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications. Helps to develop and define engineering processes in AE.
Establishes and applies methodology to new concepts and recommends enhancements to advance projects and processes. Identifies and proposes technical improvements using engineering knowledge and principles. May assist in developing Aerospace Engineering processes and guidelines. Apply Lean/Agile concepts for New Product Development Transformation for Speed.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise as a team leader or member on a variety of projects and programs in support of Applied Engineering. May act as a technical consultant for management. Uses expert knowledge of engineering discipline and HON standards, processes and tools in order to complete and ensure compliance of various projects. POC for external customers for overall product status, standards, etc. Develops and defines engineering processes for Applied Engineering. Recognized as a technical authority within Applied Engineering. Acts as a mentor to lower level engineers.
Identifies problems and significantly improve, change, or adapt existing methods and techniques drawing from personal experiences and feedback
Conceptualizes, designs, plans and implements product and process improvement through the use of DMAIC. May design and develop new techniques and applications for products. Recommends significant enhancements that improve projects and processes. Identifies and proposes technical improvements using engineering expertise. Develops Applied Engineering processes and guidelines.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
· Serve as Black Belt for Applied Engineering organization
· Execution of DMAIC methodology and Six Sigma tool suite
· Strong statistical capabilities
· Rapid problem solving capabilities
· Strong support to reactive quality teams
· Interaction with various product groups
· Overall responsible for rolling out continuous improvement initiatives.
· Training for Flawless Launch, APQP, DMAIC, DFSS, etc. as required.
· Review and provide guidance on training materials (DFSS & APQP).
· Create template for good DFM, DFMEA, KCC, etc.
· Build lessons learned data for all future launches.
· Create or update Aero Engineering Processes (AP’s) and Aero Engineering Guidelines (AG’s) for Applied Engineering as required basis.
· Ensure the usage of DFSS process and tools.
· Responsible for ensuring the project and associated written communication is documented for best cases and lesson learned information for organizational improvement.
· Lead task force team if required to resolve technical issues.
· Provide six sigma expertise to other groups either by training or working with them on problem resolution.
· Participate in audit to ensure APQP is executed per plan as need base.
· Review and improve CAR reduction and resolution.
YOU MUST HAVE
· B. S. in Mechanical, Electric, Electronic or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
· 8-10+ years experience either in engineering, quality, or manufacturing in an Aerospace or Automotive environment.
· US Citizen or Permanent Residence required due to government contract
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Critical Thinking Capabilities
· Strong communication and facilitation skills
· Fluent with Six Sigma.
· Training skills
· Change agent.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Team player.
· Technical understanding of Aerospace industry or automotive industry and how it works.
· Knowledge of corrective action process, process control plans, PFMEA and gauge R & R.
· Knowledge of APQP, product launch and SPC tools.
· Ability to analyze problem using six sigma tools.
· Detail understanding of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
· Strong analytical skills; able to use data, communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous improvement plans
· Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt, Lean Expert certification is preferred.
· Experience analyzing data and working within SAP to generate analytics.
· Data organization skills.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs