EY Vice President, Transaction Real Estate in Toronto, Ontario
Vice President, Transaction Real Estate
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # TOR004O8
Post Date Mar 04, 2021
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Vice President in our Transaction Real Estate Practice (‘’TRE’’), you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has one of the largest intergrated real estate practices providing advisory and transactional services to real estate owners, developers, investors, lenders and users. EY is looking for a well rounded real estate professional to lead and manage a team that will serve multiple client engagements across abroad range of real estate solutions.
EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As an Vice President in the Transaction Real Estate group you will have the opportunity to work within our specialty practice Orenda Corporate Finance Inc. You will be part of a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Skills and attributes for success
• Keep abreast of trends in the Canadian Real Estate Market
• Fundamental understanding of valuation models
• Ability to develop and review financial models within broadly defined guidelines
• Synthesize research information to be used in valuation, modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
• Prepare and deliver presentations to clients
• Support the team in identifying and exploring potential new business including assisting with the preparation of proposals
• Prepare real estate and asset strategies for diverse portfolios
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree
• Preferably in Commerce/BA with Real Estate or Finance Specialization or real estate focused graduate degree, AACI, CFA or MBA considered an asset.
• Ideally 7-10 years of work experience in the commercial real estate industry in Canada
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on corporate real estate strategies
• An understanding of the latest trends in workplace strategies and corporate real estate
• The interest and aptitude - and possibly experience - to excel in other aspects of TRE work (strategy, M&A, due diligence, etc.).
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and successfully complete client deliverables on a timely basis
• Relationship management capabilities
• Strong project management skills
• Portfolio and asset management advisory skills
• Strong computer and financial modeling skills
• Understanding of key real estate value drivers, risks and opportunities
The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, superior analytical skills, demonstrated project and/or people management skills and have been recognized for their "roll up the sleeves" attitude and high levels of creative energy and enthusiasm.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Real Estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- EY Jobs