Avanade Inc. Group Manager, Journey to Cloud - Canada in Toronto, Ontario
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
As a Cloud Advisor you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. You will work in a fast-paced environment that is groundbreaking, collaborative, and encouraging of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambition will provide you with a fantastic platform for your career.
Focus on providing advisory and implementation insights and services to help clients realize meaningful business growth through Cloud / Azure transformation. With a breadth of knowledge, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s digital business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
- Advise our clients on their unique Journey to Cloud, leveraging their digital ambitions, and optimizing their business-technology environments
- Collaborate with solution area services teams to build and execute plans
- Develop compelling Journey to Cloud strategies for our clients, bringing a business-first advisory lens and consultative approach to the process
- Engage with a team of business leaders, technical, and sales experts to determine the strategy for offering identification and investment opportunities and drive strategic changes to the portfolio
- Support the identification, qualification, and conversion of Azure related opportunities
- Provide advice to our clients, helping them understand the true potential of technology to transform their business, bridging the gap between business and IT as you build strong client relationships
- Understand customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, cloud adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPIs, to measure and monitor benefits realization
- Deliver written or oral status reports and client presentations regularly
- Stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients
Required Skills / Experience
- 7 - 10 years consulting / advisory experience in cloud platforms and technologies including focus on Cloud Adoption / Transformation
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management of enterprise level programs and the associated teams through strategic cloud initiatives, migrations, and cost optimization activities
- Possess understanding of trends and strategies for aligning business to cloud solutions while also creating / providing thought leadership to clients and their stakeholders
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies
- Understand the challenges facing large enterprise clients when adopting new technology, with experience supporting clients navigate the transition
- Experience leading a project and working with internal and client stakeholders
- Understand the challenges facing large enterprise clients when adopting new technology, with deep experience supporting clients navigate the transition
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Microsoft certifications: Azure / Microsoft 365 Fundamentals or better (AZ-30x)
- Hands-on experience in using cloud technologies in setup, support, or engineering capacity while helping clients educate their teams
- Experience working in several key verticals / industries including Financial Services (Banking / Capital Markets) and Healthcare / Lifer Services
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, or other similar tools
- Experience setting up cloud monitoring, cloud backups, scalability, and alerting
- Extensive familiarity supporting business development and practice growth activities.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs