Corning Incorporated SAP Data Migration in Topeka, Kansas
This job posting is for a contingent resource on assignment with Corning Incorporated. This position could provide you with an opportunity to help Corning push the boundaries of technology while enjoying the benefits of working for Magnit. Magnit is a leading, global professional services and technology company and a certified “Great Place to Work.” Magnit has been a leader in contingent workforce management since 1991 and work with leading Fortune 500 companies and other large organizations across the world.
Data Migration Technical Leader will be a key member of Corning MDG Centre of Excellence/Factory Development team. Data Leader will be responsible for the orchestration of migration of data from legacy systems into MDG & S4 systems to meet Corning’s business requirements. Candidate should be well versed with data migration experience and S4 architecture.
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Lead data migration efforts for with Corning subject matter experts
• Conduct sessions with Corning business subject matter experts to review the legacy systems and confirm and agree on the migration plan. (Determine what data elements are in scope for this migration.)
• Once scope is determined, create and finalize field mapping requirements between S4 and Legacy systems.
• Work within ADM tool to manage data migration effort (implement data mappings, provide transformation rules, conduct data loads, provide pre-load and post load reports)
• Ensure data quality guidelines are delivered. Report on data anomalies and provide remediation.
• Track life cycle of data migration sets
• Work closely with solution architects and other team members of the deployment projects
• Communicate status of the data migration efforts to project manager and deployment team.
• Ensure that converted data is available for the testing cycles determined by the deployment project.
• Must have understanding of S4 Material master, BoM, Product, Business Partner, Customer, Vendor, Finance master data from the technical and functional perspective side
• Knowledge of master data best practices and industry standards.
• Experience with Advanced Data Migration Tool
• Ability to translate business requirements into a data migration plan.
• Understanding of S/4 HANA data model and architecture
• Experience in planning and executing cut-over activities.
• MDG Related
• Expertise with SAP MDG/S4 configuration and design including Data Modelling, SMT mapping, UI modelling, Process modeling, rules, validations and derivations (using BRF+ and BADI's)
• Configuration experience in setting up CR types.
• Experience in DRF replication set up, DIF, Key Mapping, Value mapping, Enterprise & HANA Search and Duplicate check set-up.
• Integration design and development experience in replicating master data between MDG and SAP/Non-SAP legacy systems.
• Experience in MDG Mass Processing and MDG Consolidation.
• Well versed with MDG Finance Data Architecture/features and expertise in customizing MDG-F applications.
• Total of 8+ years of IT experience with ERP systems (S4, PeopleSoft, etc)
• Minimum 5 years of development experience in development of Information systems
• Experience in multiple end to end Large ERP implementation projects that included multiple master data domains- material, business partner, supplier, customer and Finance master. Will be looking to hire someone to focus or specialize in each of the 4 areas.
• Detail-oriented with excellent documentation skills and follow-through
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent communication skills working with people of various levels and units in the company
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Nice to have SAP Certification
• Experience in SAP Solution Manager- CHARM and Focused build for Release Management
Pay range (Based on experience, education, location, and expectations): $60 - $80/hour
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Corning Incorporated Jobs