Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City Receptionist in Topeka, Kansas
Make a difference, save a life! Paid on-the-job training. Great career ladder opportunities. \$1000 sign-on bonus.\ \ FIXED SITE RECEPTIONIST\ \ Under the direction of the Collection Supervisor, greets and directs donors and guests of the blood center at a fixed site location. Performs registration of donors in the Blood Establishment Computer System (BECS) per Registration SOPs. Schedules donor appointments, answers incoming telephone calls, and assists with appointment reminder calls.\ \ Supports organizational quality efforts by accepting responsibility for:
- Reporting any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system, and
- Participating in the implementation of solutions to problems.
\ Essential Functions:
- Welcomes visitors and donors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring visitor log and issuing visitor badges; locking front door after business hours.
- Access donor in BECS system and verify or enter donor information.
- Create a donor visit and enter appropriate collection and use types.
- Question donor about previous names or nicknames.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding donors.
- Review consent forms when applicable.
- Give donor educational materials and provide instructions on completing donor questionnaire.
- Answer telephone and direct calls as required.
- Contact donors for Unit Assignment when requested.
- Make donor appointments and give donation awards.
- Run outgoing mail and bundle for pickup.
- Transfer telephones to Night Mode.
- Maintains safe and clean registration area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to confidently communicate and interpret intermediate information in English to all members of the public and CBC staff.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the transcript.
- Customer service experience required
- Proficient computer skills required
- Administrative/Office support preferred
\ Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Superior attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Computer knowledge and experience is helpful but not necessary