Millennia Housing Management Maintenance Technician I in Toledo, Ohio
Covenant House is seeking a Maintenance Technician I.
Covenant House is an Affordable community located in the Toledo, OH with 156 units
As a Maintenance Technician I, you will be responsible for coordinating tasks and supplies to prepare vacant units for re-occupancy effectively. You will also be responsible for helping the maintenance team with special projects.
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for maintaining the overall condition of the property, including, but not limited to exteriors, common areas, vacant units, floor care, and trash removal, as well as for the property surrounding the building(s), including litter pick-up, janitorial duties, sidewalk clearing, and snow removal in a safe, attractive and comfortable condition. Performs preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance. Maintains relationships with current and prospective residents and any vendors working on site. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor (on properties with over 300 units) or the Property Manager (on properties with less than 300 units).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Clean/restore recently vacated apartment homes.
• Help maintain the cleanliness of the facility and grounds
• Change bulbs, locks/keys.
• Must be able to install or assist with the installation of appliances
• Exterior/ Interior painting and caulking, light drywall repair
• Ability to physically manage painting, pressure washing, blower breezeways, and parking lots
Effectively prepare vacant units for re-occupancy, including:
• Walkthrough upcoming or newly vacant units to forecast repairs.
• Walk completed units to create “punch” lists or quality control checklists.
• Assist with the removal of trash or belongings in vacant units.
• Perform quality control on all systems, appliances, and aesthetics (e.g., matching knobs, closet rods installed, blinds are the same color/style, etc.) to ensure the apartment meets move-in standards.
• Assist in prepping units for painting by performing breakdown and put-back of electric and switch plates and other items as assigned.
Assist with the diagnosis and assist with minor and routine maintenance/repair, as directed, involving, but not limited to:
• Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
• A/C and heating systems (both electric and gas)
• Electric and gas appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, water heaters, etc.)
Aid with resident relation issues, including:
• Deliver resident notices throughout the property.
• Assist office staff in performing occupancy checks or investigating resident concerns.
• Maintain knowledge of make-ready and part inventory and inform Maintenance Technician Supervisor of needs.
• Assist in keeping make-ready supplies and parts well-stocked.
• Maintain accurate records regarding make-ready status and work-in-progress.
• Maintain cleanliness of uniform (if applicable), wear the badge (if applicable), and present a professional appearance.
• Assist in the organization and safety of the maintenance shop.
• Maintain essential control as per company/property policy.
• One (1) year minimum of prior experience or related experience.
• Must have reliable transportation as necessary to safely and effectively carry out the responsibilities listed above.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of apartment building maintenance.
• Knowledge and skilled in minor repairs and hand tool use.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair routine maintenance issues.
• Knowledge and ability to operate power tools.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; and meet commitments.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; and develop realistic action plans.
• Ability to focus on solving conflict, maintain confidentiality, and keep emotions under control.
• Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to management directives.
Grooming & Uniform
• Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Distinctive uniforms must be worn at all times while on duty.
• N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
• O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
• F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
• C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand - C
Grasp - C
10 lbs or less - C
12 lbs or less - C
Walk - C
Reach Outward - C
11-20 lbs - C
13-25 lbs C
Manually Manipulate - C
Reach Above Shoulder - C
21-50 lbs - C
26-40 lbs - C
Sit - O
Speak - C
51-100 lbs - O
41-100 lbs O
Climb - C
Crawl - C
Over 100 lbs - N
Squat or Kneel - C
Bend - C
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision - C
Comfortable working with heights up to 25 feet.
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Hearing Protection
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Background Check Process
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employee is expected to conduct all business following our Company Team Promises. Policies and procedures, employee handbook, and following Fair Housing laws(both federal and local), Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA, National Labor Relations Act, and all other laws of the multi-family industry.