Bon Secours Mercy Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) Neurosurgery in Toledo, Ohio
At Bon Secours Mercy Health, we are dedicated to continually improving health care quality, safety and cost effectiveness. Our hospitals, care sites and clinicians are recognized for clinical and operational excellence.
Willing to consider MA or LPN
**$1500 SIGN ON BONUS for MA only
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Medical Assistant Certified is a multi-skilled clinical professional that provides indirect and/or direct patient care within the scope of practice and in alignment with the standards of excellence and quality. Under the direction of the provider, the Medical Assistant contributes to the completion of the patient’s chief complaint (including, but not limited, to respirations, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, height, weight, and temperature), documents patient/family needs, participates in planning and implementing care for patients, and administers ordered medications (oral, injection, topically, etc.) within the Medical Assisting scope and state guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
• Understands and adheres to the legal responsibilities and requirements within the Medical Assistant role.
• Identifies significant changes in patient condition through data collection and reports them to the provider.
• Troubleshoots issues and escalate problems to provider, direct supervisor, or appropriate internal resource.
• Demonstrates standards of excellence in care in all interactions, for both internal and external customers.
• Maintains clinical and administrative skills per the departmental competency guidelines to meet patient care and daily operational needs.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Travels to other facilities for providers or adjusts hours to meet patient care needs as directed by the practice manager as needed.
• Maintains a safe and supportive environment by keeping the work area, exam rooms, and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe manner, ensuring availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
• Assists patient and provider with virtual health visits which may include setting up the visit through appropriate platform, pre-charting the virtual visit prior to the scheduled appointment, contacting the patient to ensure preparedness for the virtual visit, troubleshooting virtual visit issues when needed, obtaining chief complaint and health maintenance checks, medication review, and other relevant patient details prior to the actual virtual visit.
• Documents in electronic medical records (EMR) accurately and appropriately.
• Manages in basket messages in the electronic health record (EHR) under the Provider’s verbatim instructions.
• May perform front desk workflows (i.e., My Chart requests, patient registration, scheduling, phone triage, cash handling, and check-in/check-out).
• Follows up on orders, appointments, referrals, and follow up visits and collects co-pays as needed.
• Other duties include, but not limited to, ordering supplies appropriately, tracking referrals, labs and diagnostic tests, disposing of contaminated supplies, etc.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Active Medical Assisting certification from one of the following (required):
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA); American Association of Medical Assisting, Registered Medical Assistant (RMA); American Medical Technologists, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA); National Healthcareer Association (NHA); Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NCRMA); National Association for Health Professionals, National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
If incumbent is unable to obtain MA certification, an Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) is acceptable (not accepted in the state of South Carolina)
BLS Basic Life Support, American Heart Association (preferred upon hire, required prior to independent patient care)
High School/GED (required)
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant post-secondary education (preferred, but required in South Carolina)
Completion of externship or clinical lab training (preferred)
1 year of recent Medical Assisting experience (preferred)
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
Paid time off
And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bon Secours Mercy Health
- Bon Secours Mercy Health Jobs