Sealevel Construction Inc HSE Manager in Thibodaux, Louisiana
- A Bachelors degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent degree/work experience is preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of heavy construction experience.
- Professional safety certification preferred (CHST, COSM, COSS, ASP, or other equivalent).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and the company policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable safety policies.
- Seeks input from various personnel on safety program improvement opportunities.
- Ensures open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Manages and maintains third party safety database systems (ISNetworld, PEC Premier, Avetta, etc...).
- Carries out procedures that effectively control incident and health exposures at jobsites and minimize regulatory citations.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, investigates and assesses incidents, near misses, property damage, fire prevention, and occupational safety and health programs under general direction, utilizing knowledge of industrial safety-related engineering discipline and operating regulations: Develops and recommends new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention based on reports of incidents, accidents, and other data gathered.
- Assists with DOT and Fleet Safety policies and procedures.
- Communicates and supports safety culture and philosophy to company personnel.
- Responsible for the implementation and operations of the safety program including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and design site-specific programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injuries.
- For all jobsite deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Monitors site construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
- Evaluates working conditions and recommends changes in methods and work procedures in relation to safety methods, practices and procedures.
- Assists in conducting inspections and enforcing adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
- Disseminates information to jobsite workers and others regarding toxic substances, hazards, and other safety information.
- Assists Project Managers, Superintendents, and Foreman in enforcing safety regulations and codes.
- Conducts jobsite audits on periodic and regular basis to detect code violations, hazards, and incorrect work practices and procedures.
Reporting and Risk
- Documents and analyzes safety metrics and conduct/review incident reports to discover trends to assess appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Maintains records, prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to safe work procedures.
- Prepares and submits inspection activity reports.
- Reviews accident reports to detect problem areas related to employee safety.
- Gathers evidence and prepares reports on code violation complaints and accidents.
- Following incidents of construction-related accidents, performs a thorough investigation and arrive at a root cause analysis with provisional CAPA.
- Maintains administrative control of records related to safety and health programs.
- Prepares and disseminates memos and reports.
- Assists or prepares and submit OSHA 300 and 300A.
- Assists in managing and working with claims agents/adjusters and consultant broker to facilitate the appropriate handling of claims (worker's compensation, etc.).
- Assists in processing summonses and claims against the company by working with legal counsel and insurance carrier to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the organization.
Training and emedial Actions
- Performs frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implements solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Conducts training, orientation and safety meetings.
- Explains the OSHA rules and standards that pertain to construction safety to field staff.
``` - Performs other duties or task as required based on company's needs.
You will receivean email to confirm your applicationis received.
Sealevel Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer who fully supports and practices the principles of equal employment opportunity and strictly prohibits any form of unlawful discrimination. Sealevel Construction, Inc considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.