MCMC Radiology Technologist I- X-Ray Tech- Casual in The Dalles, Oregon
Mid-Columbia Medical Center is now accepting applications for a Radiologic Technologist I - X-Ray Tech position in the Diagnostic Imaging department. Located in the Columbia River Gorge, the area offers an enticing balance of small town living close to big city amenities, year-round outdoor activities and no shortage of variety of interests for all ages.
This position is per diem and offers a 13% pay differential in addition to the base salary in lieu of full benefits.
Casual employees still qualify for benefits such as:
Contribute to Employee 401k Retirement Plan
Receive all the benefits of the Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Preventative Benefits
Employee Hospital Discounts
Working under general supervision, incumbent performs the duties of a radiography technologist for diagnostic purposes in alignment with the mission, values and goals of the organization. Demonstrates safe and effective operation of all diagnostic imaging equipment and processes applying knowledge of principles of radiation safety. Prepares and positions patient for procedure by using established protocols to achieve the highest quality image. Explains procedures to patients, obtaining and recording patient histories and consent forms as needed. Properly positions patients with appropriate devices to obtain desired anatomic position. Selects techniques and correct protocols for exams, manipulates reconstructed images using a wide variety of available computer functions to optimally visualize desired anatomy. Reviews, verifies and evaluates images to ensure technical quality and image quality. Assists the provider, nurse, or other staff with the provision of patient care and daily operations as needed.
• Graduate of certified Radiologic Technology school or program.
• Current applicable state licensure (OBMI) in Radiologic Technologist Diagnostic and national registration in Radiography (ARRT-R) required.
• BLS/CPR Certification: Personnel providing direct care in patient care and diagnostic areas are required to acquire and maintain BLS/CPR certification.
• Minimum two years previous experience in the appropriate field of Imaging is preferred.
• Familiarity with computers
• Oral/Written Comprehension
• Oral/Written Expression
• Speech Clarity
• Deductive/Inductive Reasoning
Salary Grade: 32
External Company URL: www.mcmc.net
Street: 1700 E. 19Th St.