USG Corporation Regional Sales Manager (Gypsum) - Texas in Texas
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion form within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds pf employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The Regional Sales Manager - Gypsum drives profitability for Gypsum products in assigned territory. Leads a team of outside sales representatives and contractor sales representatives to achieve financial targets and assist our customers in outperforming their competition.
Candidate will reside in a Texas metro area, leading and driving business in: TX, OK, NM, CO and UT. Location flexibility is at sole discretion of hiring manager. Transition assistance may be available and may considered on a case by case basis for qualified candidates and is at sole the discretion of the hiring manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns territory performance for EBITDA, revenue, gross margin, and market share
- Oversees regional job tracking efforts through sale
- Collaborates with Ceilings Division Regional Sales Manager in same geography for exceptional customer interactions and to maximize USG’s full product portfolio
- Establishes and builds relationship with key stakeholders within the specialty dealer and contractor channels
- Ensures team members work effectively with all shared services including Manufacturing, Marketing, Product Management, Logistics/Supply Chain, Pricing Analytics, Sales Operations, and Customer Service
- Provides input to Vice President Sales on the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human capital needs, etc.
- Provides market intelligence such as competitive information, market trends with dealers and contractors
- Implements sales strategy for assigned product(s) and territory
- Determines budget and resource allocation associated with positions and activities
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly analysis including topline and customer segmentation
- Monitors dashboard performance and portfolio analysis
Assess product level profitability to maximize business unit strategy, Pricing & Programs
- Develops, implements, and tracks customer sales incentive programs
- Drives product specific pricing parameters to be used to drive profitability and volume
- Evaluate specific pricing opportunities (by customer, product, and/or region, etc.)
- Mentors, guides, and coaches team to expand their capabilities and perform
- Coaches Dimensions of Professional Selling tools and techniques throughout the entire sales process with direct report Sales Representatives and Contractor Representatives
- Works closely with HR team on selection, training, compensation, etc. regarding team members
- Works with Sales Excellence training team to identify and meet training needs of sales professionals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant knowledge of USG’s Gypsum product portfolio, including customers and segments with greatest opportunity; Market expert in assigned geography
- Self-starter with strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency required in core programs including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Salesforce.com
- Focused on continuous learning to drive individual and team performance
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships; an adept networker
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong coaching, management, and leadership skills and a proven track record of developing and managing team members to high performance
Physical Demands and Other Requirements
- Ability to operate a fleet vehicle (valid driver’s license required)
- Travels within assigned geography, approximately up to 50%
Education and Related Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field. Advanced education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree is strong preferred
- Two years minimum sales experience in the building industry or an aligned business.
- Two years minimum experience in managing people
- Trained in Dimension of Professional Selling Skills and Directions communication tools to successfully engage with customers and coach team members
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Area Sales Mgr Texas-245-1
Title: Regional Sales Manager (Gypsum) - Texas
Requisition ID: TEX10013
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.
- USG Corporation Jobs