Raytheon Technologies Sr Software Quality Engineer I in Tewksbury, Massachusetts
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, RTX, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RTX employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
We have an immediate need for a Software Quality Engineer (SQE) within the Q&MA Hardware Assurance (HA) Quality Test Equipment Engineering organization supporting one or more programs at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). Quality Test Equipment Engineering ensures program execution in accordance with RMD’s Quality Management System (QMS), which is based on AS9100/ISO 9001. In addition, Quality Test Equipment Engineering supports Raytheon’s Quality Policy with an emphasis on Quality Excellence, Customer Satisfaction and Continual Improvement.
This position will be working with the Test Development Department (TDD) in providing expertise, guidance and management of issues encountered during, design, development, build, integration and product realization of Depot and Factory Test Equipment. This includes ensuring: the proper execution of root cause analysis and corrective and preventive action; continuous improvement; compliance with RMD policies and procedures; deployment and alignment of the quality engineering processes. You will be responsible for overseeing the Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of newly developed test equipment in meeting all it’s intended requirements for test of products manufactured by RMD.
Quality Test Equipment Engineering scope includes participation in Peer Reviews and formal inspections of work products as defined in Program Planning Documentation. Quality is a required member of the release and Change Control Boards (CCB). Typical examples of the documentation and program activities that Quality Engineering supports include: review of plans and procedures, design reviews, test plans and reports, software inspections, test and sale readiness reviews, customer interface and gate reviews
• Assess Engineering work products (Peer Reviews, Configuration Control Boards, Code Reviews, Product Readiness and Sale, etc.) to identify and eliminate in-phase defects
• Perform project data analysis to drive root cause and correction action
• Participate in test preparation and execution to ensure requirement verification
• Review Risk and Opportunity data to lead projects to eliminate risks and/or realize opportunities
• Investigate failures, participate in failure review boards, support failure investigation teams and drive root cause analysis
• Drive continuous improvement
NOTE: This position can be a Sr. Software Quality Engineer I or Sr. Software Quality Engineer II based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or other related technical field
Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Clearance
Minimum of 4 years SW Engineering, SW Testing or equivalent SW lifecycle experience
Qualifications We Value:
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Existing Secret Clearance
• Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise
• Six-Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert
• Domain knowledge in SW Coding and/or Testing
• Domain knowledge in Agile, Code Analysis and/or Test Automation techniques
• Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle
• Ability to prioritize workload in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, R6s Expert or Six-Sigma Black Belt
• Prior Quality Engineering experience
• Mission Assurance Certification Software Level 4 or 3
• Travel domestically or internationally up to 10%.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs