Citigroup Senior Application Developer/Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Job Responsibilities / Role:
• Participate in key business initiatives from the development side, focusing on building Java and .NET frameworks to do margin calculations using calculators in House and Reg methodologies, put margin results in XML, then parse XML files and create XLS based Client and Operational Reports
• Develop applications to do the data persistence in MSSQL Server/ NO SQL
• Work on database, create stored procedures to extract data for Operational Reports and Client Extracts or any kind of data analysis requested by business
• Perform Dev Integration testing, UAT rollouts and Production Deployments and Production Support work.
• Provide business as usual (BAU) coverage, including generating ad-hoc reports and covering general support queries.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
Total and Relevant Experience:
• 4-6 years of strong Java/.NET progressive experience as a Programmer Analyst or Software Engineer supporting the
financial services industry
Technical Skills Required:
• This is a Senior technical position. Either Strong Java or .NET experience is needed. And ability to learn is very important
• Should have very strong Java experience. Need to have strong J2EE, Spring, JDBC, Java core, collections, JMS, Tibco EMS experience. Expert level knowledge in core Java and Data Structures, concurrency, streams
• Should have sound knowledge in Architecture and Framework MVC, Struts, Spring, etc. ORM tools like Hibernate will be plus
• Frameworks and APIs: Spring (Core, Batch, Integration, MVC, Boot, Data), Hibernate, Jackson, JAX RS, JPA, JAXB
• Understanding of micro service architecture. Experience with development distributed systems
• Experience with optimization existing Java application
• Very good experience in Relational/non-relational Databases and Strong MSSQL Server( 2014/2016) or Oracle experience
• Service Oriented architecture, Soap, Rest. Markup languages like XML and Jason
• .NET experience in lieu of Java will be considered. Should have very good experience in .NET Framework 3.5+ or .NET Core, C# 7.0+, xml/xslt 2.0, Open XML, WCF 3.5+, Windows Service. Experience in iTextSharp is plus
• Must have worked on database development, tables, stored procedures, indexes, views, optimization etc. Good knowledge of database performance issues and optimization
• Experience in performance enhancements using parallel processing, multithreading. Understanding locking/synchronization
• Testing: JUnit, Mocking frameworks (Mockito, Power Mock)
• Tools: IntelliJ Idea, Linux as advanced user, Git, Maven, Jira•
Non-Technical Skills Required:
Equities and/or Prime Brokerage experience will be a plus
Experience of working in fast paced environment
Flexible and adaptive, team player
Excellent analytical and communication, interpersonal skills.
Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and well organized.
Additional Information / Preferences:
- Margin experience will be a plus
Job Family Group:
Digital Software Engineering
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs