AdventHealth Maintenance Engineer Technician Full Time Days Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Maintenance Engineer Tech AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Perform, complete and close all work orders and PMs request as assigned in a timely manner.
- Conduct repairs and maintenance on floors (ceramic tiles, VCT, and sheet vinyl, Plank flooring including repair and replacement of cove base) walls, doors, door jams, door hardware’s, hinges and closers included.
- Minor repair, maintenance and cleaning of HVAC and Refrigeration System including PTACs and Ice Machines.
- Minor repair and maintenance on electrical systems including replacement of ballast, electrical outlets, switches, receptacle testing and fire alarm system.
- Minor repairs and maintenance on Pneumatic Tube System.
- Minor repair and maintenance on plumbing systems, such as un-clogging toilets and sinks including but not limited to snaking or clearing the drains. Repair of flush valves, vacuum breakers, bed pan washers and flushometers.
- Minor patching and painting in assigned areas.
- Replacement of room AC unit filters, HEPA Air purifier.
- Replacement or repair of thermostatic control.
- Diagnose problems and issue in all equipment associated with the hospital buildings.
- Disassembles and replaces parts in medical outlets.
- Conduct frequent rounding’s of assigned areas to identify issues and make corrections accordingly.
- Drive company vehicle as needed.
- Reports project status to the team lead, facilities manager or admin director as needed.
- Reports status of parts and materials availability to the team lead for procurement and maintaining par level.
- Coordinates patient room take downs with nursing department to allow work to be done.
- Understands and complies with Environment of Carte and Infection Control Responsibilities.
- Assemble, disassemble and move furniture.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Sheet rock repair skills
- Painting with latex and epoxy finishes, ability to cut in without tape / edge guides
- Excellent knowledge and use of hand tools / power tools.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carpentry skills
- Wall repair & painting skills
- Flooring installation / removal skills (ceramic tiles, VCT tiles, Plank and sheet vinyl)
- Plumbing drain pipe snaking to clear the clog
- Electrical / HVAC/R skills a plus
- Toilet replacement
- Flush Valve replacement
- Record daily readings of all monitored equipment
- Troubleshoot heating / cooling complaints and resolve
- Navigate and use Trane Tracer ES system
- Perform Generator testing
- Replace compressed gas cylinders
- Wall repair
- Use of the fire alarm panel
- Use of the building automation system
- Installation of flooring systems (carpet tile, VCT, laminate tile, ceramic, marble, etc)
- Replacement of outlets, light switches, ballast, light fixtures
- Assemble, disassemble and move furniture
- Install competently objects on concrete or sheet rock walls
- Electrical, Carpentry, plumbing, HVAC/R certification, Pump Repair skills preferred
- DDC Controls for HVAC, Building Automation System skills preferred
- Excellent competency with software used in building management systems skills preferred
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 6 yrs. Maintenance experience.
- Prefer experience in hospitals or other large campus facilities
- Prefer 15 yrs. experience.
- Prefer certification in HVAC/R, Electrical, Plumbing or other building trades
- HVAC/R certificates preferred
- Universal EPA preferred
- Licensed Electrician preferred
General maintenance technician with a diversity of job skills to troubleshoot, repair or replace components of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers, HVAC systems, pneumatic tube system, fire alarm system, general wall, flooring and ceiling repairs, locksmith repairs, medical gas systems, generators, plumbing, electrical and general carpentry repairs, ICRA installation, negative and pressure testing, and assist in performing special projects where improvements are made to the hospital building and other duties as such assigned
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs