Kemper Insurance Legal Paralegal in Tampa, Florida
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
· Assists attorneys with the preparation of responses to discovery, including meeting with clients when necessary.
· Assists with preparation of cases for trial.
· Sends out discovery requests.
· Monitors compliance with discovery by all parties and prepares motions as appropriate.
· Assists attorneys with investigation of cases.
· Obtains medical, insurance, employment and/or other records/information, through record requests or subpoenas.
· Assists with the drafting of motions, briefs and other documents.
· Communicates with clients, claims adjusters, litigation specialists, attorneys' offices, medical provider offices, police departments, courts and agents to request additional information/documentation as assigned.
· Sets up legal file jackets, as needed.
· Maintains summary of all records received by case, for attorneys and other claims personnel.
· Performs legal research at the request of the attorneys.
Must have a High School Diploma, or GED; Strongly prefer candidates with a degree
Must have a paralegal certificate or a minimum of 6 months experience in drafting discovery documents and discovery responses, summarizing claims files and medical records and interviewing clients.
Prefer candidates with a minimum of three years paralegal experience; Kemper pays talent commensurate with experience; we offer growth opportunities inclusion tuition reimbursement.
Must be familiar with operation of general office equipment including calculator, fax machine, copy machine, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
Prior PC experience required including knowledge of word processing software (Word and Excel preferred).
Knowledge of law office management, time billing and legal research software preferred.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
-ZR -GD -IN -PT
- Kemper Insurance Jobs