Takeda Pharmaceuticals Senior Medical Science Liaison - Gastroenterology / Immunology - NJ, MD, VT & NY (Upstate) in Tallahassee, Florida
Join Takeda as a Senior Medical Science Liaison - Gastroenterology / Immunology where you will be responsible for analyzing, interpreting and disseminating scientific data, acquiring and translating customer insights, fostering external expert networks, and compliantly connecting customers to Takeda to advance medical strategy and improve patient outcomes. As part of the US Medical team, you will report to the Director, Field Medical. This is a is a field-based, external customer-facing position. You will reside and cover the NJ, MD, VT & NY (Upstate) geography.
How you will contribute:
• Externally-focused KOL/HCP related activities are expected to comprise a minimum of 80% of responsibilities
• Build and maintain professional relationships with KOLs/HCPs per individual territory plans aligned to medical strategy
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge regarding Takeda disease areas and products as well as therapeutic area competitor landscape; analyze and interpret complex scientific information and disseminate to KOLs/HCPs in a compliant, fair-balanced, and non-misleading manner
• Support Takeda-sponsored research and appropriately assist with facilitation of strategically aligned medical collaborative studies and investigator-initiated research processes
• Display advanced knowledge of therapeutic area key intelligence topics/questions and effectively collect, interpret, and internally communicate medical insights from KOLs/HCPs to inform and refine medical strategies and/or tactics
• Identify and cultivate partnership opportunities between KOLs/HCPs and Takeda US Medical
• Participate in executing medical strategy at medical conferences (e.g., staff medical booth, internally communicate medical insights acquired through poster/session attendance and KOL/HCP interactions)
• Within defined timelines and quality standards, respond to unsolicited HCP medical information inquiries referred by Medical Information
• Complete all required customer activity documentation (e.g., CRM entries, insights capture, etc.), training, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner
• Doctoral degree in life/health sciences is preferred (PharmD, MD, PhD, or equivalent), Master's degree in health sciences (MSN, NP or PA) is the minimum requirement
• Minimum of 2 years of experience post-doctorate as a field-based medical science liaison (MSL) in the pharmaceutical industry is required
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and collaboration skills
• Execution of activities within legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements
Other desired experience and skills include:
• Gastroenterology therapeutic area experience in inflammatory bowel disease is strongly preferred.
• Dissemination of complex scientific data to healthcare audiences
• Relevant therapeutic area knowledge and expertise
• Clinical, research, and/or teaching experience
• Must be 18 years of age or older with valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
• Able to travel 70% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends
• Must have authorization and ability to drive a company leased vehicle or rental
What Takeda can offer you:
• Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
• Family Planning Support
• Flexible Ways of Working
• Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range $130,200 to $186,000 based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
New Jersey - Virtual
Arkansas - Virtual, Mississippi - Virtual
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Jobs