Veritas Full Stack Software Engineer in Tallahassee, Florida
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with file systems, storage and cloud technology for data protection solution. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to customers.
In this role, you will design, develop and maintain high quality code focusing on implementation for product components using the latest technologies to build data protection solutions deployable in the cloud. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.
You will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated passion for quality and innovation with a customer-first attitude.
- Solid software engineering and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented principles, API fundamentals and best practices.
- Proven web services development experience writing RESTful API’s and multi-threaded application development using Enterprise Java and Spring Framework
- Good working knowledge of OData, Tomcat, JPA, JDBC, OAuth, SAML, Hibernate.
- Experience with unit testing and TDD (test-driven development) using JUnit and Mockito
- Proficient in programming on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proven experience with relational databases such as Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres.
- Experience developing highly secure, scalable, enterprise scale applications.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of file systems, storage and cloud technologies.
- Experience with continuous software delivery model.
- Exposure to enterprise product development.
- Working knowledge of building micro services.
- Development experience in C/C++, Perl, Python.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com (Ask_HR@Veritas.com) .
- Veritas Jobs