ALMOND & ASSOCIATES Parts Clerk ( Buyer) in Tacoma, Washington
Seeking a highly motivated Parts Clerk (Buyer) to join the team at the Tacoma Terminal office. This position is responsible for reviewing and purchasing items for multiple departments on the Tacoma terminal and ordering and issuing parts.
- Timely and accurate processing of purchase orders.
- Reviewing purchase order reports for accuracy, investigating any discrepancies with vendors.
- Contact vendors for quotes, pricing and availability of inventory.
- Checking inventory stocking levels and ordering items as needed.
- Stocking parts on shelves.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of parts room and other areas where materials are stocked.
- Issuing parts and tools to mechanics.
- Pick up and deliver parts and materials.
- Receiving parts from vendors, unloading by operating a forklift, as needed.
- Identifies obsolete parts and processes materials for return to vendor.
- Assists with parts department inventory.
- General office duties, as required.
- Provide backup to other maintenance department employees.
Support terminal maintenance as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Three years parts purchasing experience in the transportation industry
- Associate degree preferred (VoTech. truck/auto repair)
- Knowledge of automotive or truck repair
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Computer literate, with the ability to use standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and E-service center & E-commerce web-based applications.
Salary and Benefits
- $42,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement