Brown-Forman Marketing Director ANZPI in Sydney, Australia
Our mission is to create an inclusive culture that values diversity and encourages trust, openness and mutual support in order to build high performing teams comprised of diverse skills, cultures and experiences; demonstrate diversity and inclusion leadership across our business; and be recognized both internally and externally as one of the best places to work.
Brand building and culture are indelibly linked at Brown-Forman. By embedding a unique, diverse corporate aesthetic within our culture, we speak to Brown-Forman’s enduring values and relevance — creating and cultivating a greater cohesive presence for the company and its consumer brands.
Meaningful Work From Day One
The Country Marketing Director role leads the Marketing organisation for Brown-Forman across Australia and the New Zealand, Pacific Islands region. The role is responsible for Portfolio Development and prioritisation that leads to both short-term and long-term growth. Critical to the success of this role is the ability to balance thinking between long-term strategy development with key execution priorities.
It is a champion of people and is focused on building marketing capability and ensuring a strong talent bench and succession plan. This role is a key member of the ANZPI Leadership Team. The brand portfolio includes: Jack Daniel’s family of brands, Finlandia Vodka, Tequila portfolio, Scotch & Irish, and other brands such as Woodford Reserve & Chambord Liqueur. The ANZPI region is amongst the top five markets in sales for Brown Forman Corporation globally.
What You Will Do in This Role
● Leading strategy development in-line with global/regional strategic direction - including portfolio, brand communication and pricing strategy, ensuring that it is in alignment with overall region/global/corporate strategy
● Ensures resources are aligned to reflect Country brand strategic priorities
● Co-ordinates the development of brand strategies and brand plans - short and long-term - for the Country
● Identifies and evaluates the potential of current / future opportunities in the Country including new categories and brands
● Seeks out portfolio development opportunities and synergies
● Provides marketing leadership for the Country’s long-term strategic plans
● Understands consumer behavior in Country and develops methods to continually develop insights
Country Marketing Organization
● Defines and leads the Country marketing team, comprised of over 12 marketing professionals
● Ensures that the marketing organization in the Country is structured to effectively deliver the business needs
● Ensures that the capabilities of the marketing teams are developed in line with the global capability framework and reflect Country strategic priorities
● Inspiring leadership, coach, and keen developer of talent within the Country marketing team
● Creates a culture of learning and leadership from all levels within the department
● Is pivotal in building capabilities within core Brand Management, Digital, and Innovation and Insights
● Acts as primary point of contact and voice for Country Marketing on all aspects that are cross-portfolio, contributing to a regional perspective in the development of global marketing strategy and plans
● Collaborates and partners productively with all other areas such as Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Legal, Corporate Affairs
● Is a thought partner to and key point of contact for the Regional Marketing Director
● Responsible for both long-term and annual Country marketing budget/resource allocation and prioritization
● Responsible for ensuring optimal spending of the Country marketing budget
What You Bring to the Table
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business, Marketing, International marketing or similar discipline or equivalent experience
● 10+ years successful track record of success in senior Marketing roles in matrix organized International FMCG/luxury products/beverage or lifestyle/image driven brands business
What You Can Add to the Team
● Experience in influencing all levels of global organisation
● Demonstrated success in coaching, leadership and cultural stewardship
● Wide-ranging experience of the major marketing disciplines: insights, brand & portfolio architecture, brand strategy, short and long term brand planning, portfolio strategy & management, major brand communications, media strategy and planning, digital platforms & analytics, pricing strategy, P&L and budget management, major innovation and NPD, CRM strategy development, qualitative and quantitative research, distributor/licensee/agency or sales management experience, contract development/remuneration and evaluation, TTL campaign integration
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Emerging International Division
State: New South Wales
Req ID: JR-00002062
- Brown-Forman Jobs