Gentiva - Integracare of Abilene LLC Personal Care Attendant (PCA) - Sweetwater in Sweetwater, Texas
Job Summary:\ \ Personal Care Attendants are caring and dependable individuals who assist elderly and/or disabled persons in their homes or places of residence. Personal care includes non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. This role works on an as needed basis. Sweetwater and surrounding areas with an Immediate need in Sweetwater and Roscoe.\ \ Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Perform the day-to-day activities of care giving as assigned in accordance with company policies and current regulations governing Home Health Care.
- Report to the supervisor any observed or reported changes in the patients condition and/or needs in a timely manner.
- Maintains and keep confidential private client information and property
- Communicates effectively with all members of the team.
- Report client incidents/accidents to a supervisor immediately (same day).
- Report and respond to emergencies in a calm manner, i.e., calling 911 and notifying a supervisor
- Report to a supervisor any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Report to a supervisor for any reason the client is not found to be at home, not responding to the door, or if the client leaves on vacation
- Report to a supervisor any unsafe activity or hazardous situation found at a clients home or property
Physical ability to perform personal care tasks
Ability to read, write, and follow directions , and function with minimal supervision
Must have reliable transportation with appropriate liability insurance coverage
Call and report to a supervisor and/or client in advance (within 24 hours of scheduled time) if sick or unable to be at work for any reason
Know how to use proper body mechanics or devices in the clients home as needed for transferring or other tasks
Flexible schedule and able to work as needed
- Occasional weekends are required
Must have good and regular attendance.
Approximate percent of time required to travel
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Overtime and Holiday Pay
Performance-Based Raises and Bonus Opportunities
Day and Evening Shifts available
Hours, and Recognition Programs
401(k) Program with Company Match Matching