First Bank Senior Banking Specialist - Swansea - #2748-4350 in Swansea, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11281791 Position Details
This position, Sr. Banking Specialist, may be called by many other names: Sr. New Accounts Representative, Sr. Personal Banker, Sr. Financial Service Representative, Customer Service Manager, etc. At First Bank, we choose to call you a specialist because that is what you are! This is top non-management role in the branch. Most view it as the stepping stone into the Branch Manager role.
What You Will Be Doing
- Expanding client relationships by listening to clients needs and providing solutions via the use of all appropriate product features available across all bank product lines.
- Expanding the use of alternative delivery systems by explaining the merits of other systems such as Online Banking System, Online Bill Pay, ITM/ATM network, Debit Card, and Client Contact Center.
- Contributing to the Banks success by identifying sales opportunities and referring clients to the appropriate area. Working towards achievement of branch and individual sales and referral goals.
- Driving branch profitability and client satisfaction by getting to know clients and encouraging their consideration of other Bank products where they may benefit the client. (In-Store) Should cultivate relationship with retail store associates.
- Going on business calls with Branch manager, merchant representatives, and/or business development officers. Assists in initiating sales and business calls on their own.
- Working to retain existing client relationships and obtain new ones by conducting calls on maturing accounts, following up on leads, referrals and other prospecting opportunities.
- Helping commercial and small business clients with product questions, account support and various other tasks.
- Improving the Banks visibility in the community and may develop additional business contacts by representing the Bank at various civic and community functions.
- Increasing sales and cross-sell opportunities by participating in sales events such as in-aisle sales (where applicable), internal/external events, out bound calls, and promotional activities.
- Contributing to the Banks efforts in reaching and surpassing its Community Reinvestment Act goals by participating in community service activities.
- Drives individual, branch and Bank growth by working with management to define sales strategies necessary to meet sales and referral goals.
- Providing excellent client service by accurately and expeditiously opening new accounts and other products for current clients and new clients to the Bank. Providing maintenance on accounts and products when requested and authorized by the client. Quoting rates, terms and fees on all products and services and provides necessary disclosures as required (NMLS registration required).
- Identifying the need for and originating consumer loan applications. Assisting in the processing of loan applications and closing. Must be NMLS Registered.
- Providing sales leadership by coaching Banking Specialist I, II and III on products, services, policies and procedures.
- Provides staffing assistance and support in a designated Hub area.
What Do You Need for this Position?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous cash-handling experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 48 months of sales and/or banking experience
- Minimum of 12 months of supervisory role in sales and/or banking experience
- Life License (LB) preferred
- NMLS registered
- Consistent and proven sales skills
- Good analytical skills
- Developed customer service skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a PC and alp a/numeric keyboard
- Flexible work week schedule, which may include Saturdays
- Multi-lingual, a plus
- U.S. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.\<