Microsoft Corporation Software Development Engineer 2 in Suzhou, China
Crowdsourcing is critical for many of Microsoft’s machine learning features. The UHRS (Universal Human Relevance System) team within WebXT (Web Experiences Team) is central to these efforts. We are responsible for the platform that enables data annotation using a large, diverse, worldwide set of labelers. This data is foundation to evaluate and train AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) models across Microsoft. We are one of the largest AI labelling platforms world-wide and aspire to grow by a magnitude in coming years. Scaling of our platform should be increased by 20X, with improved analytics for judge and task owners, as well as more control for task owners, all while making everything simpler to use. Additional work will involve creating an entirely new serving architecture, task recommendation system for judges, judge reputation, various judge and task analysis, judge and task dashboards, alerting, etc. You will find engineering challenges around big data and have opportunity to work with world class data scientists. You will work across our stack, from our public-facing React-based UX, to our Azure-hosted backend, to analyzing data with the latest available tools. You will impact the latest products across Microsoft, used by billions of people.
We are looking for a software developer who can contribute to our existing platform, and to strengthen the data analysis experience on our team.
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+ years programming experience in languages like C#, C++, Java, Python
• Strong software engineering background with experience in writing robust and maintainable production code.
• Exceptional problem solving & critical thinking.
• Strong communication skills and customer empathy.
• Passionate and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Team-player that will put team and organization first.
• Software development skills and aptitude for software design, coding, and quality.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs