Microsoft Corporation Software Development Engineer 2 in Suzhou, China
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Microsoft Edge WebView2 MacOS team.
Microsoft Edge represents a great growth opportunity for the company. We adopted the Chromium open-source project in the development of Microsoft Edge to create better web compatibility for our customers and reduce fragmentation for all web developers. With the first stable version that was first released in January 2020, we built a strong foundation that has been well received by the community. We are now on a journey to help deliver on unmet customer needs while contributing to the Chromium OSS project, in a way that helps us move the broader web forward.
The Edge WebView2 team is chartered to define and build the cross-platform web application story and developer tools for Microsoft Edge, including on MacOS. An area this team focuses on is hybrid web applications that allow developers to take advantage of the best of what web and native technologies have to offer, in stitching together experiences for their customer needs. We respect choice in application technologies and already offer solutions for Win32, .NET and WinUI3.0 developers. We work closely with Windows, Office, Visual Studio, and other partner teams across the company, as well as the broader industry, to build the platform and tools that empower developers to build great end-to-end web-based experiences for end users. You can learn more about what our team is up to in our blog https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/!
As we bring new members into our team, we value individuals who are:
• Focused on quality and delivering rapid success for customers
• Creative, data driven and can incorporate industry and competitive knowledge to tackle complex problems
• Self-starters who can think holistically and work independently
• Able to operate effectively with ambiguity
• Representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles
As part of the Microsoft Edge team, you will work on making the web platform available to developers in their native applications. Together we will:
• Manage and grow an engineering team dedicated to quality, customer and innovation as we uphold Microsoft’s cultural values
• Develop new capabilities in Microsoft Edge WebView2 with a focus on needs of our customers
• Partner with program managers, designers, and data scientists to deliver a product that delights developers
• Foster a collaborative relationship with partner teams and the developer community
• Windows app development
• Multi- threaded application development
• Mac or Linux OS development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs