Lockheed Martin Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Special Programs Remote Sensing - Right for you!
Come join Lockheed Martin's Special Programs Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team. This diverse team has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50+ years. As part of our team you will get to build products that elevate the mission and be are a trusted partner for critical national capabilities. One Day the world may hear the full story of your achievements. They may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. As we enjoy the freedoms of democracy, we honor the unsung heroes, the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining. Come see what SP-RS is all about.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dedicated, innovative, execution-minded Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer to join our high-performance Remote Sensing Systems Engineering team in Sunnyvale, California. Our face-paced program is redefining the possible and needs strong critical thinking and communication skills to make it a reality. As an Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer you will be at the forefront of defining key electrical interfaces across the entire system and implementing innovative technologies that will expand the capabilities we provide to our customers!
As an Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer, you will :
• Support system-level data integration across multiple sites and multiple functions for Electrical channelization resource management and Telemetry definition, mapping and downlink
• Perform Electrical integration (power, data, signal, high speed digital serial links) for the system; work with segment and subsystem CPEs/RSEs/subcontractors to define interface requirements and ensure compatibility across the system
• Lead interface working groups and establish ICDs, verification plans and execution for the interfaces
• Lead appropriate risk mitigation activities for complex interfaces (including high speed digital networks) are performed to ensure a smooth integration at the system level
• Perform system compatibility analysis and/or ensure IPTs do so
• Establish allocation of data, signal and power interfaces and make sure the system has appropriate margins
• Establish pin-pin function list and work with harness organization to ensure system will integrate
• Support System Test, ATLO and subsystem RSEs/CPEs during integration and test phase, including leading anomaly investigations as appropriate
• Drive implementation of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) development and tools to increase program agility
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other related field, or equivalent work experience
• Significant proven experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration and test with knowledge of space systems at the component through system level
• Experience with system/subsystem/component electrical design and integration functions
• Experience coordinating with multiple engineering functions (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Manufacturing, Test, etc.) to define electrical interface requirements
• Current Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
• Significant experience with high speed data interfaces
• Experience in specifying and testing high speed digital serial links (SERDES, XAUI, SRIO, etc.) (>1 Gbp)
• Specification and verification of link parameters such as BER, eye-diagrams, etc. using high speed test equipment
• FPGA/ASIC RTL development experience (lab/development kit environment, Microchip Libero)
• Software development using various models and simulation tools (Labview, C++)
• Develop requirements and verification plans, along with planning and execution of test requirements at component, subsystem, and/or system level
• Proven understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Familiarity or proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) development and implementation using engineering tools like STK, MATLAB, Cameo, Webify, etc.
• Current TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs