Blanchard Machinery Inside Product Support Sales Representative in Summerville, South Carolina
The Product Support Sales Representative (PSSR)is responsible for promoting and selling company parts and service capabilities by calling upon our existing customers and generating new leads for future business. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the shop work flow up to and including ordering parts, communicating with our customers, processing work orders, collecting PO’s, scheduling appointments, and making customer sales calls in the field.
Blanchard Machinery Company is committed to fostering a high-performance work culture with challenging work opportunities that inspire high quality results. Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, generous PTO and paid holidays, uniforms, and much more.
Exposure to world-class CAT training and development.
A friendly and supportive work environment.
Continuous exposure to learning and new technologies
Opportunities for advancement
Contribute to a positive work environment and promote the vision, mission and values of BMC.
Completes all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promotes and champions a safe and healthy
- Perform a variety of duties relevant to promoting and selling All Makes parts and service
capabilities both inside and outside of our facility. Develop proposals and estimates, prepare
and deliver quotations.
Maintain close liaisons with our service shop, parts department personnel and our customers.
Through the needs analysis/sales process, PSSR’s will determine individual customer's needs and
provide Blanchard solutions to meet them.
- Develop and establish new business and a continued positive relationship with our current
- Plan daily sales calls itinerary; make sales calls on existing and prospective customers;
monitor/update call lists and manage customer database in sales link.
- Participate in an ongoing process encompassing goal setting and establishing attainable monthly
and yearly objectives in conjunction with his/her supervisor to reinforce continuous
improvement and achievement towards company goals.
- Follow up with customers to ensure the company has met their needs; the service repair is
complete and done to the satisfaction of the customer. Maintain good customer relations;
intercede to solve problems and disputes; look for ways to enhance customer relations within
scope of the company mission statement.
Keep current with new products and developments that are relevant to our customers.
Sell value through cost improvement by submitting cost-improvement proposals to our
customers; understand the competition to maintain the company’s competitive edge.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed by his/her supervisor and may be expected to
represent Blanchard at meetings as directed by his/her supervisor.
Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Prepare reports and data as requested.
Possess personal commitment to continuous professional development and complete all
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in an Engineering or Business related field or Associates Degree in Diesel Technology
and three years related experience preferred.
- An extensive knowledge of Caterpillar equipment and other competitive brands, combined with
a working knowledge of the construction equipment industry.
- A solid working understanding of the territory and its service needs as well as relevant
knowledge of the competition within the area that the company serves.
- Availability to work during off hours and weekends to take calls from our customer to handle
- Positive, solutions oriented mindset coupled with strong time management and organizational
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license and have no more than two moving
violations in a three year period.
Strong MS Office skills.
Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work with all levels of employees and management in a positive, professional and
- Possess an unwavering commitment to service excellence.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold,
wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to injury and/or hazardous
materials while climbing and working on heavy equipment and at construction sites.
- Position requires employee to work on-site at designated location as well as travel to customer
- Job requires standing, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, climbing, and
lifting (up to 40 lbs unassisted).
- Ability to maintain all safety standards while working on the ground or at heights and accessing
Seeing, reading, and writing to complete job responsibilities.
Use of computer and other forms of technology to complete job responsibilities.
External Company URL: www.blanchardmachinery.com
Street: 151 Farmington Road