SCO Family of Services Community Habilitation Supervisor in Suffolk, New York
_PURPOSE OF THE POSITION_: To facilitate Community Habilitation services on a home and community based level, in order promote family unification and consumer independence.
_REPORTS TO_: Assistant Director
_SUPERVISES_: Community Habilitation Staff
- _SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES_
- To hire staff who will provide Community Habilitation services to individuals enrolled in the HCBS Waiver program.
- To supervise staff working in the Community Habilitation program.
- Attend all IAM Assessments, as well as Annual and Semi-Annual Life Plan Reviews.
- Review, create and/or update all Staff Action Plans.
- Review monthly paperwork submitted by Community Habilitation staff in order t ensure that the documentation meets Medicaid Standards.
- Review staff expense reports and submit accordingly.
- Complete staff Performance Evaluations.
- Monitor staff trainings to make sure they are in compliance with all funding agencies, as well as SCO Family of Services policies.
- Maintain ongoing communication with staff and the individuals served in the Community Habilitation program to ensure satisfaction of service delivery.
- Provide intervention when necessary as conflict arise between the individual served and staff.
- Interview and train Community Habilitation staff, after they have been hired.
- Help individuals in the program monitor their money and pay their bills in a timely fashion
- Monitor individuals receiving an ISS Grant
- Review billing for accuracy
- Review and complete payroll for accuracy
- Provide ongoing guidance and instruction for staff to ensure quality services for the individuals enrolled in the program.
- Collaborate with the team members in order to manage cases and provide coverage.
- Assist staff with professional development.
Bachelor of Arts in the Human Service field, with minimum of 1-year supervisory experience, extensive knowledge of HCBS Waiver services and valid drivers license. * * * * III. _RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS_ __ Maintain ongoing communication with staff, individuals and advocates to ensure delivery of quality services.
In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
- * IV. _WORKING CONDITIONS_
This position requires a combination of office and fieldwork. Fieldwork mainly consists of introducing families and consumers to new Res. Hab. staff and attending annual and biannual case reviews. 35% of the time is spent in the field.
V. _SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY_
This position requires supervision of Community Habilitation staff.
Bachelor of Arts in the Human Service field, with minimum of 1-year supervisory experience, extensive knowledge of HCBS Waiver services and valid drivers license.
Job: *RES. HABILITATION SPEC.
Title: Community Habilitation Supervisor
Location: New York-Suffolk-Brentwood
Requisition ID: 42679