Stratus Midco Inc. dba Contegix Data Center Technician in Sterling, Virginia
Overview/ Job Summary
Are you looking to join a growing company where you can do the best work of your career? At Contegix we believe in a team environment that promotes the ability to make a difference within the organization. We treat our employees with the same commitment to \"Go Beyond\" in an environment of respect, collaboration, and dedication to excellence.\ \ Contegix is a strategic advisor for digital applications that improve the customer experience. As a Managed Service Provider, we specialize in Content Management Systems (CMS) like Drupal and WordPress, the Atlassian toolset, DevOps tools, and IT administration - all in the private or public cloud.We have an immediate opening for a Data Center Technician. The Data Center Technician will participate in day to day operations and fulfill duties at the local level of the Data Center. Responsibilities include monitoring and attending to alerts and events, assisting collocation customers, monitoring facilities security, local provisioning of services and hardware as well as assisting in maintenance of the Data Center equipment.\ \ Responsibilities:
- Handle tickets for local support and implementation purposes and perform tasks as documented.
- Perform physical server builds and decommissionsas per SOPs, perform QA on builds, and completing deployment documentation in appropriate systems.
- Perform racking and stacking of hardware including cross-connect patching and labeling per best practices.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of network systems, topology and troubleshooting, including TCP/IP, DNS, firewall, Switch and router roles.
- Understandthe procedures for providing connectivity including basic port enabling, cross connecting and the types of connectivity available.
- Assist customers with on-site work as needed including being interactive with customers and visitorsto confirm access credentials.
- Provide remote hands assistance for colo customers or remote technicians.
- Demonstrating basic working knowledge of troubleshooting and response procedures associated with all alarms, alerts and notifications from all monitoring systems, including fire, security, power, and HVAC.
- Able to interpret and respond to monitoring events accordingly.
- Participatein escalationevents, acting as the local point of contact as needed, understand the escalation paths both locally and globally, being familiar with all SLA conditions during the escalationand communicate status in accordance with the primary POC and the SOP.
- Follow direction in assistance of Data Center systems maintenanceincluding PDU installation, power circuit auditing, lighting upkeep, and rudimentary CRAC unit management.
- Work with outside resources to facilitate provisioning as well as participate in assisting Contegix contracted third parties.
- Maintain Data Center inventories, spares, RMA and other required procedures.
- Responsible for all shipping/receiving for local data center.
- Multitask and prioritize workload in an independent manner.
- Must deliver exceptional customer delight every day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2 years of experience with and working understanding:
- Assembling, deploying and troubleshooting server hardware.
- Installing, modifying and troubleshooting server operating systems and other software
- Best practices of data center management network topography and protocols.
- Data center cooling/HVAC systems and equipment.
- Data center electrical systems, power deployment and usage, including backup systems.
- Internet related technologies and protocols.
- A+, Network +, Security +, Linux + certifications, knowledge or experience is highly recommended.
- Strong customer service attitudeand interpersonal skills is required.
- Excellent written and verbal com unication skills is required.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation.
\ Key Position Details:
- First Shift, Monday - Friday
- On-call rotation required
- Physical Work Environment: Data Center
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (ladders and cabling)
Contegixprofessionals are committed to excellence. We strive to be experts in our chosen fields, and to be knowledgeable consultants who understand our clients needs and work creatively to leverage technology for their competitive advantage. Visit our website for additional information.www.contegix.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer\ \ Contegix participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Contegix will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration (SSA) and/or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of your authorization to work in the United States.