Sherwin-Williams Store Associate in States, United States
Title: Store Associate
Location: United States-Illinois-EVANSTON
Job Number: 210001SR
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers. It will assist customers in person and over the phone by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services. This involves ensuring that sales transactions are completed accurately, maintaining accurate work order files and formulas, pulling appropriate products from the sales floor or warehouse, and tinting and mixing them to customer specifications. This position will also stock shelves and set up displays, clean store equipment, and load and unload trucks. It may also assist in making deliveries if necessary.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
• Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
• Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
• High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
• Prior experience in a sales or customer service position.
• Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A valid driver's license.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.