Win (Women In Need) Residential Aide in Staten Island, New York
Title of Position: Residential Aide FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Security Shift Supervisor
Positions reporting to this position: None
Purpose of the Position:
The Residential Aide is responsible for providing security and safety for all clients and staff. Ensures that all residents are observing site rules.
· Maintain a secure and functional environment for residents, staff, visitors and volunteers;
· Welcome new families that arrive and conduct orientation and provide house rules;
· Handle incidents using standard operating procedures;
· Observe all residents and have the ability to recognize signs of substance abuse, child abuse and criminal activity;
· Maintain excellent telephone skills and transfer calls appropriately;
· Acquire understanding of building features and potential problems;
· Maintain daily log book, school attendance, visitor and resident sign-in logs;
· Patrol transitional housing sites/apartments, maintain standing posts and conduct vertical patrols;
· Visit multiple units as required and report any and all incidents to the appropriate security shift supervisor;
· Attend program and agency staff meetings, house meetings and training sessions as required;
· Work under pressure and during stressful situations;
· Use the computer to complete intakes and other reports on the CARES data base;
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Must be able to visually observe CCTV camera and report unusual activities.
· Must be able to ascend/descend stairs in a building up to 8 flights.
· Must be able to stand for two (2) hours on post consecutively.
· Must be able to lift and use a fire extinguisher.
· Commitment to Win’s mission.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Valid Fire Guard Certification / F02 required.
· Valid NYS Security Guard License required.
· Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
· Must be able to interact effectively with the facility staff and client population.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and during stressful situations.
· Must be familiar with CCTV systems.
· Must be willing and able to remain at post beyond regularly scheduled hours until appropriate relief arrives.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday's as scheduled.
Leading Others: Conducts informative, effective meetings with staff and communicates critical information clearly. Leads by example, doesn’t stay behind the desk; stays visible to staff and clients.
Facilitating Change: Inspires and motivates others to achieve outstanding client outcomes. Assists in overcoming resistance to change. Anticipates challenges and manages consequences.
Managing Performance: Participates actively in team meetings and communicates clients’ needs. Monitors performance against predetermined standards set by Win and funders. Shares constructive feedback, quickly and adjusts to new demands. Holds self and staff accountable for performing at high standards. Uses positive reinforcement to convey confidence in employees.
Applying and Developing Expertise: Understands and upholds all policies and procedures described in Win’s Employee Handbook. Uses EBP practices consistently and effectively. Takes client issues to the appropriate people within the organization to obtain the most accurate information to meet the clients’ needs.
Communicating and Collaborating: Values the full spectrum of diversity and inclusion for clients and staff. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing. Fosters open communication to and from the Assistant Vice President and supervisor.
WIN’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION HIRING COMMITMENT
Our most effective service to our community comes from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experience. As a result, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. Win actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.