Physician Affiliate Group of NY Associate Medical Director - Gotham Health, Vanderbilt - Staten Island, New York - NYC Care in Staten Island, New York
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
We are currently accepting applications for an Associate Medical Director. This is a full-time position.
This position is part of the New York City Care Initiative. New York City Mayor Bill deBlasio announced he will be bringing "universal health care" to America's biggest city through a program called NYC Care. The city will connect hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who are ineligible for health insurance - including undocumented New Yorkers and those who cannot afford insurance - to reliable care. Anyone will be able to access comprehensive care across NYC Health + Hospitals' more than 70+ locations once the program is fully ramped up. NYC Care will provide a Primary Care doctor and access to specialty care, prescription drugs, mental health services, hospitalization and more.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate Medical Director is the lead member of the Site Leadership Team overseeing all aspects of the site operations contributing to defining the overall business strategy and direction of the site. This position leads the overall clinical vision for the site in order to not only provide high quality medical care for patients, but also align staff to meet the changing environment in healthcare: the shift to population health management, value-based contracts for care, and risk pool management. The position provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of affordable, quality healthcare services. In addition, the Associate Medical Director provides clinical expertise and leadership in the design and implementation of new projects and innovations for the site. The Associate Medical Director will continue to improve performance on the existing HRSA service contract, both in terms of cost benchmarks and quality measures benchmarks. This individual must become a member of the medical staff and maintain an active patient practice at the site. The Associate Medical Director performs related work as assigned by the Regional Medical Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Medical Director’s duties shall include, but not limited to:
Building out clinical strategy for ambulatory care transformation across the overseen sites
· Leads and implements the clinical direction for the site.
· Participate in site management business and clinical quality strategy development and implementation
· Builds and leverages cross functional collaborative relationships with other service lines and programs (e.g. closing gaps in care in clinical care metrics, ACO) to achieve shared goals and standardization
· Focus teams and organization units on visions and distinctive strategies that improve short and long-term performance
· Monitor Care Gap metrics
Clinical standard setting
· Integrate evidence-based clinical practices wherever possible, building this into new and existing patient care delivery systems
· Provide direct patient care at a minimum of 2 clinical sessions per week
· Implement/maintain provider peer review process
Design of clinical interventions and deliver models
· Keeps abreast of emerging models in health care delivery
· Identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve the goals of population health and financial sustainability
Quality analytics, clinical reporting and risk management
· Lead clinical and population health analytics for the service line (e.g. patient-level risk stratification)
· Develop and monitor quality measures for new payment models (value based/risk-based payment structures
· Works closely with the Nursing, Quality, Medical, and Administrative Officers to achieve effective care management processes and develop new initiatives to improve clinical quality
· Clinical lead for survey preparation and implementation
Assessment of clinical providers
· Evaluate facility clinical providers
· Create frameworks for performance evaluation of clinicians (e.g. peer review, professional practice evaluations, etc.)
· Partners and collaborates with the provider staff and management team, facilitating teamwork shared goals. Help represent provider staff viewpoints to administration and relay administrative views to provider staff
Finance & Budget:
· Assist in developing operating budget for salary and supply areas. Monitors variance activity on a monthly basis.
· Monitors managed care, third party reimbursement and accounts receivable management, including cash collections. Keeps current and anticipates changes in Federal and State reimbursement regulations. Consistently reviews department budget and implement cost containment strategies as needed.
· Responsible for the site’s productivity.
Provider recruitment strategy
· Develop and implement strategies for provider attraction and retention
· Design career paths for clinician leaders
Performs other related duties as requested by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Medical Officer of Gotham Health System
Board Certification in a medical specialty
Possess or be eligible for a New York State License
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Competitive compensation package
10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
Generous paid time off program
CME days and dollars
Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
Visa candidates are considered
Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
External Company URL: http://pagny.org/
Street: 155 Vanderbilt Avenue