Mount Nittany Health Nurse Educator in State College, Pennsylvania
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
This is a temporary position approved for 12 months and will be re-evaluated at that time.
The Nurse Educator, a professional registered nurse, has the authority, responsibility and accountability for delivery of nursing education. Orientation, continuing education and ongoing support for the nursing staff are the main objectives. The Nurse Educator must demonstrate the knowledge and educational skills necessary to assess, plan and provide the educational programs that are required.
1) Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
2) Master of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
1) Three years recent clinical experience.
2) Relevant teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effective performance will require skill in interpersonal relations, oral and written communication, strong commitment to confidentiality of reports/records, tact and diplomacy.
2) Expertise in clinical skills.
3) Possesses basic computer skills.
4) Motivated and self-directed.
5) Shifts priorities with flexibility.
1) Licensed as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Job ID: 2021-1859
Mount Nittany Health Entity: Mount Nittany Medical Center
Posting Primary Department: CRITICAL CARE SERVICES
Primary Shift: Day/Eve/Night
Class Profile: Various
Weekends: Includes Weekend Work
Holidays: No Holidays
External Company URL: https://www.mountnittany.org/
Street: 1800 E Park Avenue