Pennoni Associates Inc Associate Structural Engineer in State College, Pennsylvania
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm that was founded over five decades ago! We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available while learning how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape; this ultimately contributes to resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse & iconic projects around the globe!
We wish to hire an Associate Structural Engineer to join our team on a full-time, direct basis in the State College, PA area.
- Perform structural engineering design & analysis for a variety of projects / types of building structures.
- Collaborate as part of a team to develop structural construction documentation.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or a related technical discipline).
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in Engineering (preferably with structural design projects).
- FE / EIT.
- Experience working with the assessment of existing structures as well as with the assessment & development of new building structures; experience working with precast concrete projects is strongly preferred!
- Proficiency with engineering tools (e.g.: CADD, BIM, project management software, etc.); experience with Trimble Tekla is a plus!
- Proficiency on basic office software applications, especially Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent organizational skills, especially with a proven ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment on a variety of projects; this person will be expected to collaborate with our team while demonstrating a self-motivated demeanor and effective multi-tasking skills.
Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
Please note that we are willing to consider a higher-level position for a candidate that qualifies with additional experience accordingly -- compensation will be commensurate with qualifications!
Pennoni is an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm. At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of Pennoni's individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole; we offer many opportunities to help you build your career! We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled