Memorial Health System Registered Nurse (RN), 3G Medical/Surgical in Springfield, Illinois
Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the nursing process. Provides age-appropriate care. Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into evidence-based clinical practice. Contributes to quality improvement processes. Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values, the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
• Diploma of Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
• RN license in the State of Illinois required.
• Current BLS/CPR certification per policy required.
- Professional Nursing Care
• Age appropriate assessment.
• Data analysis to identify nursing problems.
• Defines individualized patient outcomes.
• Develops an interdisciplinary, individualized plan of care in partnership with patients and families.
• Implements specified interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes, revising the plan when indicated.
- Supervision and Delegation
• Delegates patient care tasks to LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel based on job description, individual capability and patient needs.
• Communicates patient status and caregiver performance expectations.
• Appropriately supervises performance of LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel.
• Directs performance improvement for LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel.
• Builds teamwork when supervising and delegating to others.
- Communication and Collaboration
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
• Uses therapeutic communication techniques.
• Demonstrates assertiveness.
• Communicates relevant patient information to other members of the health team.
• Documents patient care according to Memorial policies and procedures. .
• Ensures appropriate implementation of physician’s orders.
• Accesses electronic data to facilitate patient care.
• Creates and maintains a collaborative work environment.
• Participates in interdisciplinary planning and decision making.
• Precepts new nursing employees and/or nursing students.
Requisition ID: 2022-13831
Street: 701 N First St