University of South Carolina Upstate Patient Support Specialist in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Patient Support Specialist\ University of South Carolina Upstate\ STA01124PO23\ Spartanburg, SC\ \ The Health Services full-time patient support specialist plans, coordinates, and performs functions which support Health Services\' daily operations, campus communications, and provides University health compliance administrative support. Provides excellent customer service, and represents Health Services to the campus community and outside entities. Supports the University strategic goal of advancing equity, wellness and civility atUSCUpstate.
- Facilitate administrative aspects front office patient appointment processing from initial scheduling, patient registration, check out and reconciling financial transactions. Utilize the electronic health record (EHR) to accurately document scheduling, registration and billing services. Answer phone calls to schedule appointments, respond to general service provision questions, and refer medical inquiries to clinical staff. Maintain accuracy of patient records.
- Maintain full functioning of Electronic Health Records software including facilitating updates, and assisting clinic to maximize use with available features and clinic needs. Assist in assessment, implementation and training with new features. Work with software vendor, IT department and any interfacing software companies (i.e. lab). Communicate with needed parties to resolve problems with software, hardware and network. Enter tickets and provide general troubleshooting as needed. Communicate issue to University IT support staff with computer equipment, software and hardware issues. Communicate and disruption of availability with Health Services staff and leadership.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform immunization compliance related activities in accordance withUSCUpstate Health Services policies and procedures. Assist in development of web, written and verbal communication regarding immunization requirements. Collaborate with IT, Enrollment services and Housing Departments in managing compliance deadlines and status. Assist in reporting needs should it be required for outbreak management. Scan and electronically transfer immunizations and medical documentation into the patient medical record. Compiles and maintains files, reports, databases, and spreadsheets from databases including but not limited toEHR, Banner, PeopleSoft,SIMON, Quest Diagnostics, etc.
- Work collaboratively with business manager and clinical supervisors in scheduling clinical and administrative staffing for daily operations, special events, high and low volume periods. Work with administrative and events staff from other departments requesting Health Services presence. Adjust schedule as needed for increased and decreased volume, staff illness and vacations. Accurately enter schedule intoEHR, Microsoft and other calendars as needed. Trains university staff on software as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor\'s degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience in a related requiring substantial customer service/client interaction, 3 years work experience in a medical office setting with electronic medical records; or equivalency. A successful background check is required.\ \ Preferred Qualifications: Highly desirable: Proficiency with University of South Carolina systems (Banner, PeopleSoft, etc.) Familiarity withUSCprocedures and offices.\ \ Salary: \$37,735; Salary commensurate with education and experience.\ \ For more information and/or to apply, go to .\ \ The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.\ \ USCUpstate offers a valuablebenefitspackage including but not limited to:
Health and Life Insurance
Paid Tuition Program