Adidas America LEAN Ambassador in Spartanburg, South Carolina
LEAN Mission Statement:
• At adidas we are committed to live the LEAN philosophy and to apply LEAN principles to our daily operation – maximizing customer value while minimizing waste and continuously improving our way of working.
• This position will facilitate the implementation of the LEAN Management philosophy at the Spartanburg, South Carolina Campus of distribution centers in support of goals and objectives. The LEAN Ambassador will drive own initiatives and provide support to the site leadership team in the deployment of LEAN concepts. Improvement opportunities will be managed by the LEAN Ambassador by working in close collaboration with Operations, including calculating justification, creating business cases, determining the resources necessary to accomplish planned improvements. The LEAN Ambassador will lead, coach, and mentor multiple improvement teams within the DC to affect rapid change.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Leading and Management of all LEAN topics across the campus
• Function as a change agent. Continuously challenge the way things are done. Promote creativity and out of the box thinking.
• Single point of contact (SPOC) for all LEAN related topics in area of responsibility
• Regularly conduct internal Lean audits to monitor progress.
• Ensure optimal use of Labor Management tool within the Distribution Centers
• Maintenance of Labor Management tool incl. process analyses & time studies
• Represent the Spartanburg Campus, as a member of the network of Global Lean Ambassadors, to align on standardized LEAN implementations and share best practices
• Create and maintain a roadmap for the implementation of LEAN Management methodologies to help the business achieve its goals and objectives. Improvement projects are likely to focus on safety, variable labor cost reductions, and quality.
• Support process owners to optimize processes and to focus on key customer requirements.
• Provide training, coaching, and mentoring in LEAN concepts and techniques.
• Employ leadership and project management skills to ensure projects are completed on time and meet the objectives in the charter.
• Develop and manage external as well as internal benchmarking partnerships to ensure a regular exchange of best practices and further ideas for improvement
• Partner with Industrial Engineers on site. Share and standardize best practices and processes by driving standard work.
• Industrial Engineering
• Campus Distribution Center Operations Leadership
• Campus Support Functions (Inventory, Quality, Training, IT, & Planning)
• Global Network of Lean Ambassadors
• Regional Lean Manager
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in applying LEAN concepts and tools
• Demonstrated statistical and analytical problem-solving skills
• Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
• Experience working in logistics or in manufacturing operations
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Managing direct reports and/or small teams
• Computer skills: MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio
• Fluent in English
• Analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics or in another relevant discipline
• Certified LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: LEAN Ambassador
TEAM: Supply Chain Management
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Jul 14, 2021
- Adidas America Jobs