Wall Street Productions, Ltd. Historical Video Synopsis Metadata Writer - Sept 18 to Dec 10 in Southfield, Michigan
Earn $5,000 Writing Video Synopses Sept 18 through Dec 8.
Follow company procedures to compose 7-word synopses of historical video segments. Perform work while seated at a computer workstation viewing short videos in our Southfield, MI studio building. Compose and enter pertinent metadata in online spreadsheets while following strict protocols for character entry, capitalization, formatting, and structure. Resolve routine questions and problems and refer complex issues to higher levels.
Short-term employment contract draws upon skills found in those of an archivist, journalist, historian, technical and creative writer, and/or librarian. Candidates are literally writing history that will be referenced by others for decades to come. Must approach this role with an open mind toward objective composition and keyword selection, and avoid subjective or judgmental word choices influenced by today's lens and current opinions.
- Follow company protocols using basic computer skills.
- Compose and enter historical synopses and archival metadata following precise formatting protocols.
- Knowledge of 20^th^ Century figures and events is a plus but not required.
- Excellent English vocabulary and spelling capability is required.
- Must be able to describe short video clips accurately with few words.
- Must be able to perform while seated at a workstation for extended periods.
- Must remain open to process improvement, aligning workflow with those of your work peers.
- Following an initial training period, work toward achieving daily and weekly throughput goals to meet customer expectations.
- Accept coaching and direction from supervisors to improve performance.
- Maintain focus and precision to produce error-free work.
- Work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures and written instruction to accomplish assigned tasks without errors.
- Collaborate in a supportive, Team environment emphasizing learning new skills and receiving constructive input from other staff members.
- Recognize your role as part of a larger workflow supplying other Team members with work product that ultimately creates finished, error-free client deliverables.
- May be required to perform other studio, office, assembly, fulfillment, and clerical duties as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
We are willing to train interested candidates in all skills required to perform the duties described above. Your willingness to openly receive and execute precise instructions in a collaborative manner to produce error-free work is paramount to your success in this position.
Experience with MS Office applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook is a plus.
Experience with Google Docs and Google Sheets is a plus.
Must be willing to have your performance monitored daily for throughput and accuracy.
Must be willing to accept constructive input to improve your performance and accuracy as needed.
Typing Speed of at least 45 words per minute is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
You will be paid the total sum of $5,000 for this 40-hour-per-week, seasonal contract position paid in six (6) bi-weekly increments totalling $5,000.
This full-time, seasonal writing position begins 9am Monday, September 18, 2023 and concludes 5:30pm Fr