Eaton Corporation Tool and Die Maker - 2nd Shift in South Bend, Indiana
Eaton’s IS VEH VGNA division is currently seeking a Tool and Die Maker - 2nd Shift . This position is based at our South Bend, IN location. Tool and die makers are responsible for the manufacture and repair of precision tools, forging dies, and gauges which are used in the shaping of metal for forging and stamping operations. These professionals have a variety of duties, including reading sketches, blueprints and CAD specifications, setting up and operating a wide range of CNC and manual machines and tools, computing sizes and dimensions of tools and dies, and testing completed products.
The hourly rate for this position is $30.80 - $36.28 per hour + 7.5% shift premium on top of base pay for 2nd shift.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
• Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers.
• Perform Hard Face weldments and machining to repair worn or damaged tooling and equipment components.
• Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, fixtures and dies.
• Design and manufacture work holding jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of tooling, products, and parts.
• Design and manufacture inspection templates and gauges used for accurate inspection of tooling, products, and parts.
• Assist Manufacturing Operators and Quality Technicians in diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in the forging production process.
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of South Bend, IN will be considered for this position.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Two years of machining experience or equivalent
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to weld.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Attainment of a Journeyman’s card for Tool and Die or trade school diploma program.
• Experience using CAD.
• Ability to frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies weighing from 3-36lbs repetitively.
• Ability to stand or walk the entire shift.
• Must be available to work at least two weekends a month.
• Ability to hear and talk to other teammates while working.
• Ability to visually detect quality defects during production.
• Ability to operate a forklift safely.
• Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes, wetness and/or humidity during production operations.
• Ability to tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
• Ability to tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts, Tennant Sweeper, welding and cutting operations.
• Ability to tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operation.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs