Honeywell Sr. Advanced Engineer - Lifing in South Bend, Indiana
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sr. Advanced Lifing Engineer at Honeywell provides technical leadership in a project-based environment to influence new product development and drive improvements with existing Honeywell designs through the application of Lifing methodologies. The candidate will primarily conduct Lifing and damage tolerance analyses for component design while working to develop command of Conditional Based Maintenance (CBM) at Honeywell. They will apply expertise in use of advanced fracture mechanics to solve complex problems using tools such as FRANC3D etc. The candidate’s proficiency in data analysis, mechanical test methodologies, and statistical data analysis will aid the candidate in completing analyses of material data for acceptance against Honeywell design standards. The candidate will also contribute to material characterization test plans for metallic and non-metallic materials (as required) for Honeywell Aerospace products. Regular mentorship and coaching of others through the interdisciplinary nature of the candidate’s responsibilities is to be expected as is engagement with industry experts to drive industry solutions for the aerospace industry.
The location of this position will be determined based on candidate & Honeywell discussion.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Mechanical, Materials, or related Engineering degree.
· At least 5+ years aerospace experience related to data analysis and material modeling, lifing, solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, damage tolerance analysis, etc.
· Strong knowledge of design principles and material considerations for rotating and structural components in gas turbine engines.
· Strong analytical skills including statistical data analysis of material data; Ability to analyze and communicate findings independently to key stakeholders to influence decision making.
· Experience with ANSYS or ABAQUS, MARC or NASTRAN ; Experience can be in coursework or previous positions.
· Use and development of expertise in crack growth software’s such as NASGRO, AFGROW, DARWIN etc.,
· Excellent communication at all levels with demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional, technical audience including Chief engineers and technology Fellows.
· Experience in developing life prediction models and methods for non-metallic materials such as carbon fiber composites and ceramics.
· Experience developing lifing models for parts made from conventional methods as well as additive technology
· Validate lifing models to test data and correlation with the field experience
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
· Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
· Ability to cope with high demand environment where priorities change frequently, and many jobs are being worked at the same time
· Experience mentoring lower level engineers on projects, technology, or process development
· Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt certification
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs