Asphalt Materials, Inc Project Manager-Bridge Construction in South Bend, Indiana
We are Milestone.
Milestone Contractors, L.P. is a fully integrated highway, heavy construction, and site-development general contractor, providing construction services primarily within the state of Indiana. We are prequalified with the Indiana Department of Transportation and Departments of Transportation in the states of Kentucky, Ohio, and Illinois.
Milestone is part of the Indianapolis-based Heritage Group. Heritage is a privately-held group of companies with interests in petroleum refining, aggregate production, asphalt marketing, environmental services, industrial services, and safety in addition to construction.
Joining our team means making a commitment to working The Milestone Way, and embracing our core values.
Our five core business values are safety, quality, performance, production and profit; prioritized in that order. Safety is our number one core value. We will never sacrifice or compromise the safety of our team members, the traveling public or our customers.
Our four core personal values are commitment, passion, trust, and respect. We live to work, we don't work to live, but when we are at work, it is with a commitment to be our best self, doing the best job.
If this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, please consider joining our team. We have an opening in our South Bend office for an experienced Project Manager in our Bridge Department.
The Project Manager plans, directs, coordinates or budgets activities concerned with the construction and pavement of heavy/highway projects and participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling and implementation.
- Manages project administration
- Completes and maintains all project documentation, accurately and on time
- Establish, update and communicate project schedule; ensure timely completion of project through schedule
- Coordinate and document utility relocation efforts
- Review owner initiated change orders and prepare cost estimates and change order submittals
- Complete project closeout process
- Ensures compliance obligations are met (OSHA, EEO, etc)
- Develops strong knowledge of all project plans, specs, subcontracts, PO's, shop drawings, submittals
- Communicates effectively
- Advises project supervisors of contract and subcontract requirements
- Develops effective working relationships with owner, subs and suppliers
- Communicates administrative procedures and specifications for project to applicable parties
- Organize, conduct and represent company at project coordination meetings
- Facilitates collaboration among owner, subs, suppliers and company personnel
- Promotes and maintains safe work environment.
- Exhibits safe work behaviors
- Wears all prescribed PPE
- Enforces safety policies
The work environment for this position encompasses both job site offices/trailers, construction job sites, asphalt plants, labs and regular business office. The environment may include exposure to road noise, moving traffic, stopped traffic, bridges, culverts, uneven terrain, inclement weather, moving machinery and parts, office equipment.
The physical demands of the job include the ability to walk and travel around construction job sites, operating an automobile for work related travel, sitting a computer and desk for the majority of the day, typing, writing, filing, reading.
BS/BA in Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, or related field, or commensurate work experience
Minimum of two years of direct project management experience in the heavy highway industry
A valid driver's license (or the ability to obtain) and ability to remain qualified for company vehicle program
Must pass pre-employment drug screen and must adhere to drugfree workplace program
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.