PPD Safety Admin Manager - SDB GOV, Bulgaria in Sofia, Bulgaria
Summarized Purpose: Coordinates and manages operations of the safety administration team; providing technical expertise, coaching, training and guidance. Manages contracted safety services for one or more projects, including resourcing, budgeting and procedural compliance. Provides oversight of program(s) and associated vendors and assists with development of consistent internal processes
Essential Functions: * Acts as the lead on global projects to ensure contract, procedure and budget compliance through effective communication with project managers, internal teams, cross functional groups and clients (as applicable). * Works independently to manage day-to-day departmental activities and exercises independent judgement to troubleshoot and resolve project issues and identify areas for improvement. * Provides accurate forecasts for projects; analyzing safety management costs, personnel hours, and project needs to ensure budget management adherence. * Manages and coordinates project start-up activities, project maintenance and project close out activities. * Provides oversight to the department's Incoming Information Center and associated vendors, including but not limited to the management of procedural and contractual adherence as well as troubleshooting and issue resolution. * Serves as a subject matter expert in designated area; collaborates to project solve and develop system improvements. * Coordinates business continuity activities as required in the event of system downtime, adverse weather or disaster * Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 5 years). 1 year of leadership responsibility In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient IT skills to include: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Safety Databases, and the ability to create and design reports
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet rigorous timelines and work effectively in challenging situations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, mentor and supervise a diverse team across multiple regions and utilize the talents and abilities of all direct reports
- Knowledge of medical and safety terminology
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and follow-up on adequate completion
- Expertise in budget and resource management including metrics calculation and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of global regulatory requirement
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
Job: *Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safet
Organization: *BG BU
Title: Safety Admin Manager - SDB GOV, Bulgaria
Requisition ID: 192346
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs