The Landings Club Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Fitness Instructor in Skidaway Island, Georgia
Position: Titleist Performance Institute Instructor (TPII)
Reports to: Fitness Coordinator
Responsible for teaching individual and or group exercise providing a variety of exercise options and programming in the area of golf fitness programs. Full-time can become available with class demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets with and assesses members for fitness needs, and provides a safe and effective class
and/or program to meet those needs.
• Leads group/individual exercise classes with appropriate verbal instructions and clear
patterns of movement according to accepted fitness standards and practices.
• Provides education for participants on taking their own heart rate and when to decrease the
intensity of the workout for their safety.
• Arrives early to inspect the class setting for safety, equipment issues and prepare the
classroom for participants.
• Assists in the overall retention and satisfaction of members through exceptional customer
• Maintains a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, peers and program participants.
• Assists with teaching promotional classes and special events.
• Acts as a role model and exemplifies a healthy professional attitude.
• Instructs members on basic strength training principles and exercise techniques.
• Provides necessary participant supervision; reinforces modifications and spotting as needed.
• Adapts strength training to members with specific needs and abilities.
• Enforces youth member procedures and all gym rules and policies.
• Complies with departmental uniform and grooming standards.
• Works effectively as a team with all departmental employees.
• Works variety of shifts, as needed to include nights, weekends and or holidays.
• Complies with departmental and Club policies and procedures
• Keeps supervisor informed of member issues comments and concerns.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
TPII certification strongly preferred
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the exercise teaching field.
• Must maintain and remain current in Group Exercise and/or Specialty certifications.
• Personal Training experience is preferred.
• Valid CPR/AED certification.
• Must be certified in First Aid.
External Company Name: The Landings Club
External Company URL: landingsclub.com