CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - EPA in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
CDM Smith currently has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with 13+ years of previous consulting experience managing Superfund CERCLA remedial projects on behalf of EPA Region 5. The position will serve as the main point of contact for the day-to-day implementation and management of projects supporting EPA’s Remedial Action Framework contracts and assisting with business development activities within EPA Region 5.
We are open to filling this position in any of the following states: MN, WI, MI, OH, IN, or IL.
In this position you will have responsibility for the following:
• Managing scope, schedule, and budget for task orders supporting EPA’s Remedial Action Framework contracts
• Assisting client service leaders with technical marketing including proposals and meeting clients
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in EPA Region 5’s organization.
Senior Project Manager - EPA
ENT Delivery - EPA
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 13 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• 13 years of related experience including managing projects for EPA Region 5 Superfund program including projects with the following scope: remedial investigation, feasibility study, risk assessment, post-RI/FS support included proposed plan and Record of Decision support, remedial design, and remedial design/ remedial action oversight support.
• Experience interacting with EPA Region 5 Remedial Program Project Officers, Contracting Officers, Remedial Project Managers, and technical staff.
• Professional engineering license if degree is in engineering or other professional certification/registration if degree is other than engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in civil or environment engineering, environmental science or related discipline
• Previous experience managing EPA Superfund projects in EPA Region 5, preferred experience on sites dealing with contaminated sediments or groundwater impacted by volatile organics, or large-scale residential sites impacted by smelter wastes.
• Experience working directly, and ongoing relationships, with EPA clients within the EPA Region 5 footprint
• Master’s degree
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and cost estimates for EPA Region 5
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Midwest United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Employment Mandate:
CDM Smith has taken proactive steps throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and visitors. As part of our continuing efforts to combat the pandemic and to comply with the U.S. President’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 3, 2021, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such COVID-19 vaccination or alternatively have applied for and received approval for a religious or medical exemption.
- CDM Smith Jobs