SUMMIT FIRE PROTECTION CO dba Summit Companies Fire Life Safety Pre-Engineered Systems Technician in Sioux City, Iowa
Are you interested in working for the nation\'s leading fire protection company and beginning a rewarding and satisfying career that helps save the lives of thousands each year? Do you want to be a part of a growing and expanding team of industry experts? If so, exploring career opportunities with Summit Fire Protection may be right for you!
Summit Fire Protection, a subsidiary of SFP Holding, Inc. (Summit Companies), is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. We serve customer across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. We\'re proud of our well-deserved reputation for quality work that\'s completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Summit Fire Protection is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 25 locations in more than 8 states.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Summit Fire Protection supports trade skills and workforce development. Many members of our leadership chair NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Summit Fire Protection supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Demonstrating the combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality fire protection services possible to protect lives and property.
Summit Fire Protection offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Our Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right)
Summit Fire Protection participates in E-Verify and in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Summit Fire and Security is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Summit Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Summit Companies, is a premier full-service fire protection company with offices throughout the US. We are currently seeking a Pre-Engineered FLS Service Technician for our Pre-Engineer Division to join our team in Sioux City, Iowa.
***Potential Sign On Bonus Up To \$5000***
The successful candidate will be performing regular services and installations. The FLS Service technician is a dependable and a mechanically inclined individual to service syste s in the fire protection industry. Fire industry experience not required, but welcomed.
- Perform inspections
- Service customers and provide preventative maintenance
- Installation of fire protection equipment specific to meet fire marshal codes as well to meet business standards
- Sales on a variety of fire protection equipment including:
- Wet chemical restaurant systems,
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Emergency lighting.
- Seek out additional sales and service opportunities within existing customer locations, and advise the customer of compliance needs.
- Develop long term relationships with customers and maintain customer retention.
- Mechanical ability and basic hand tool knowledge.
- Ability to lift 75lbs+, safely use ladders, work overhead and work in tight spaces.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Organizational skills are essential for success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly is a must.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applications will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, familial status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.